Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable won’t stop running

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable won’t stop running in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime I start up my computer ASE starts running and takes up like 30% of the CPU. I can’t end the task either. Does this mean it is scanning my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ragataurous, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Antimalware Service Executable won’t stop running

Everytime I start up my computer ASE starts running and takes up like 30% of the CPU. I can’t end the task either. Does this mean it is scanning my computer? Or should I do something to stop it so I can use my computer again?

submitted by /u/Ragataurous
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ragataurous, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Antimalware service executable runs constantly

How do I stop antimalware service executable from running constantly windows 10? I would like to disable windows defender, but do not know how.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Antimalware Service Executable won’t stop running

Antimalware Service Executable problem

I am still having the problem even with the latest prerelease build. The Antimalware Service Executable process is often running and taking a lot of CPU, disk and memory. The same The Antimalware Service Executable -> Windows Defender Service ...
    Too often the PC (an I7 one, 8 GB EliteBook HP) is stuck and even the response of a keyboard entry is very slow!!

Any suggestions?

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable won’t stop running

1. Antimalware Service Executable won’t stop running - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable: Hello, I am using the windows with the latest updates and really want to disable Antimalware Service Executable whatsoever because it taking like a hell of Memory Space, My laptop goes bananas while using other apps but I have tried many ways to disable it, but in vain,...
  3. Stop Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Antimalware Service Executable: How do I stop the Antimalware Service Executable in Windows 10?I've tried using the Group Policy Editor and Registry editor but the old methods don't seem to work anymore. This thing is unusable with Windows Defender turned on and I don't have access to my Mac right now....
  4. Stop Antimalware service executable

Stop Antimalware service executable: I have tried registry edit, task scheduler. I can't seem to stop Windows defender antimalware service executable.It says its disabled but its still using the same amount of resources when I check task manager. How can I stop it without it starting up again....
  5. Antimalware Service Executable won't stop running!!! (2021)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable won't stop running!!! (2021): so a while ago my norton subscription ended, and since then windows defender has taken over on my PC. due to my PC being a tiny laptop, it's pretty weak so i want to free up as much of my disk as i can, and MsMpEng.exe has been running nonstop for months. I've tried...
  6. Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup: The issue is Antimalware Service Executable starts automatically at startup and makes my system unresponsive for long time. I know that "Windows Defender" scans files in background to provide us real-time protection but I haven't downloaded or stored even a single new file. I...
  7. To stop antimalware service executable

To stop antimalware service executable: I am having windows 10 home operating system and from few days this "Anti malware service excutable" is running in background. This msmpeng.exe is always auto starting and highly using cpu resources eventually making the system slow as ****. I tried all the methods possible...
  8. To stop antimalware service executable

To stop antimalware service executable: I am having windows 10 home operating system and from few days this "Anti malware service excutable" is running in background. This msmpeng.exe is always auto starting and highly using cpu resources eventually making the system slow as ****. I tried all the methods possible...
  9. antimalware service executable running constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    antimalware service executable running constantly: The process "Antimalware Service Executable" has been running constantly on my computer (Windows 10) using 236+MB memory. It has been running as one of the top processes for the last week, since I uninstalled my antivirus software (Bitdefender) due to THAT running constantly...
  10. Antimalware service executable runs constantly

Antimalware service executable runs constantly: How do I stop antimalware service executable from running constantly windows 10? I would like to disable windows defender, but do not know how....