Windows 10: Antimalware

Discus and support Antimalware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All of a sudden I have seen the following when I open Task Manager … ANTIMALWARE SERVICE EXECUTABLE … I do not know what it is and the system will NOT... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kenneth Pincus, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Antimalware

All of a sudden I have seen the following when I open Task Manager … ANTIMALWARE SERVICE EXECUTABLE …

I do not know what it is and the system will NOT let me delete it … I DO NOT need this running …

Can some please help ?

Thanks

:)

Kenneth Pincus, Jun 24, 2020

2. Free ANTIMALWARE?

I am looking for the best FREE antimalware program. Any suggestions?

JamesWilliamsTX., Jun 24, 2020
  3. Antimalware service excutable consuming ram and cpu

Hello,

We would like to know more about this concern, please provide the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Antimalware Service Executable is the name of the process MsMpEng (MsMpEng.exe) used by the Windows Defender program. The service associated with this program is the Windows Defender Service. For possible troubleshooting steps, you can check GreginMich's
    post through this link.

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Antimalware

Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Antimalware

1. Antimalware - Similar Threads - Antimalware

2. Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage on startup: This has been going on for a month or two now, Antimalware Service Executable takes up around 40% of my Memory usage literally 30s after turning on my laptop. It stays like that for the entirety of my laptop being turned on, it's stuck on 125-135MB of usage almost always.I've...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage on startup: This has been going on for a month or two now, Antimalware Service Executable takes up around 40% of my Memory usage literally 30s after turning on my laptop. It stays like that for the entirety of my laptop being turned on, it's stuck on 125-135MB of usage almost always.I've...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is _interpolator.pyd, detected by Windows Security and no other antirus/ antimalware,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is _interpolator.pyd, detected by Windows Security and no other antirus/ antimalware,...: Windows Security Windows 10, Fujitsu LifeBook T900 laptop a few days ago identified _interpolator.pyd as a trojan; specifically: Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A. Windows Security characterizes the threat as "severe".For now, I have quarantined this apparent trojan. But is this...
  6. Is _interpolator.pyd, detected by Windows Security and no other antirus/ antimalware,...

Is _interpolator.pyd, detected by Windows Security and no other antirus/ antimalware,...: Windows Security Windows 10, Fujitsu LifeBook T900 laptop a few days ago identified _interpolator.pyd as a trojan; specifically: Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A. Windows Security characterizes the threat as "severe".For now, I have quarantined this apparent trojan. But is this...
  7. Is _interpolator.pyd, detected by Windows Security and no other antirus/ antimalware,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?: I’m currently running windows 10 and have been trying to get Antimalware Service Executable to stop using so much memory. I have turned off real-time protection multiple times, but if I open task manager I can see Antimalware Service Executable running and taking up 20%-30%...
  9. Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?: I’m currently running windows 10 and have been trying to get Antimalware Service Executable to stop using so much memory. I have turned off real-time protection multiple times, but if I open task manager I can see Antimalware Service Executable running and taking up 20%-30%...
  10. Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?