Windows 10: Antivirus always turned off

Discus and support Antivirus always turned off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time i boot up I get Comodo Antivirus/Firewall are turned off (Windows Defender too). Even though Comodo is up and running fine. [img] How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Woody100, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Woody100 Win User

Antivirus always turned off

Every time i boot up I get Comodo Antivirus/Firewall are turned off (Windows Defender too). Even though Comodo is up and running fine.

Antivirus always turned off [​IMG]

How do I fix this?

Windos 10 Version 1903

:)

Woody100, Mar 10, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Mar 10, 2020
  4. kath_986 Win User

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Antivirus always turned off - Similar Threads - Antivirus always turned

2. Antivirus always turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus always turned off: Every time i boot up I get Comodo Antivirus/Firewall are turned off (Windows Defender too). Even though Comodo is up and running fine. [img] How do I fix this? Windos 10 Version 1903 151983
  3. Windows Security Center reports Bitdefender Antivirus is turned off

Windows Security Center reports Bitdefender Antivirus is turned off: Hi, I notice Windows Security Center reports my Bitdefender Antivirus was turned off, what should I do? [ATTACH] I tried to turn on Bitdewfender again by chick the turn on bottom, but it's not working. It happens many times in my Windows 10, and my Bitdefender is...
  4. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...: how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turning-off-mcafee-virus-scan-and-firewall-and/4b616e99-6fc9-4d2b-9159-c9794cb6b1fe
  5. Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs: Whenever I close multiple tabs in Edge I get the following, standard prompt [ATTACH] However, despite me selecting Always close all tabs, the next time I close mutpile tabs I get this prompt. I've gone to [Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local...
  6. Number Lock always turned off after restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number Lock always turned off after restarting: Whenever I start up my laptop or close it the my 10 key number pad defaults to the directional buttons (page up, page down, etc.) I only use the keypad for entering numbers so I constantly have to push the number lock button to change it. Is there a way to set the keypad to...
  7. Windows Updates Turn off my Chosen Antivirus Program

Windows Updates Turn off my Chosen Antivirus Program: I have an issue that's been going on since the 1903 Windows update. Every time Windows 10 updates now, it automatically turns OFF my Avast antivirus and turns ON Windows Defender or the native Windows antivirus. It doesn't ask, it just turns Avast OFF. Avast will run normally...
  8. turn off antivirus protection

turn off antivirus protection: How do I turn off virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-antivirus-protection/02f78b71-a7fe-4857-8575-978200f555c6
  9. Microsoft Arc Mouse not turning off when flat. Always turned on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Arc Mouse not turning off when flat. Always turned on: As the subject says my Microsoft arc mouse is always on and connected even when flattened. when its flat it can still be used as a normal mouse and picks up on movement. I was wondering is there a way to fix this so it works as intended as the only way I can turn it off is...
  10. Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus: How to: Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus How to Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 18305, Microsoft introduced Tamper Protection. Tamper Protection is a new...