Windows 10: Antivirus and Internet security..What's recommended for Lenovo w/Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Antivirus and Internet security..What's recommended for Lenovo w/Windows 10 Pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been using Symantic Small Business Edition Endpoint Protection for years...but the subscription is ending and now that Symantec is a part of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ed_L_, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Ed_L_ Win User

Antivirus and Internet security..What's recommended for Lenovo w/Windows 10 Pro

I have been using Symantic Small Business Edition Endpoint Protection for years...but the subscription is ending and now that Symantec is a part of Broadcom, it's not been easy to get in touch w/them to see what is the natural replacement. Also my needs have changed...used to have desktop and several laptops...now, just two laptops. On the web all day. Looking for good antivirus, anti malware etc for the laptops. Any suggestions? Someone recommended Trend Micro or Webroot.

:)

Ed_L_, Sep 3, 2020

2. suggest best internet security/antivirus for windows 7

Hello,

I m using HP envy 3090nr laptop having windows 7 home premium.

I was using norton internet security previously which was very good, no virus problem so far.

But i want to know any other internet security which is better or similar and free?

Give your suggestions for best free as well as best paid internet security.

Also give your opinion for microsoft security essentials.

Thanks.

freebird_9924, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Lenovo-All-in-One: "No internet, secured"

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Were you able to follow all the suggestions provided previously?

You may temporarily disable the security software and check if this helps.

Disclaimer: If you have to temporarily disable the antivirus to install other software; you should enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software
    is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks.

Follow these steps to reset the Internet Explorer settings to default and check the status.

1. Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

2. Type “inetcpl.cpl” and click ok to get the “Internet Options” window.

3. Click the “Advanced” tab and click “reset”.

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 3, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

suggest best internet security/antivirus for windows 7

I actually needed two poll choices, as I am not limited to one AV/Security solution.

For paid, I can reccommend BitDefender Internet Security (3 years), and Avast! Internet Security (10+ years). For a free, pure antivirus solution, one of the best, and definitely easiest to use is BitDefender Free.

I use BitDefender Immunize (small free program) to immunize flash drives, and on all systems I use Malwarebytes as an on-demand scanner.

rtwjunkie, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Antivirus and Internet security..What's recommended for Lenovo w/Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Antivirus Internet security

2. What is the difference between third party antivirus and microsoft security antivirus -...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the difference between third party antivirus and microsoft security antivirus -...: Do we need third party antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-third-party/b818a719-e0e4-48c7-af4d-35bb6f184500
  3. Internet Security Recommendation

Internet Security Recommendation: I have been using Norton Internet Security 360. 1. I have asked ITs and technicians about what I use, non seem to recommend Norton 360. What would any of you recommend, with price in consideration? I have a desktop and a laptop I really need to protect. 2. We have two MacBook...
  4. Any recommendations for SUPPLEMENTAL antivirus/security software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any recommendations for SUPPLEMENTAL antivirus/security software?: I opt to use Windows Defender as my antivirus because nowadays, its really just as good as the other top shelf AVs like BitDefender and Kespersky only without the $40 dollar subscription fees that usually boil down to them having other features like VPNs and disk cleaners....
  5. What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10?: What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-antivirus-does-microsoft-recommend-for/6cc20854-09a1-48b8-a8be-3f81166ffc50
  6. What antivirus I recommend to be the best for Windows 10 Home

What antivirus I recommend to be the best for Windows 10 Home: Hello, I installed Windows 10 Home and please let me know what antivirus I recommend to install it, but I want the antivirus not to consume too much resource. I mention that I have checked AV-Test and AV-Comparatives and the antivirus that is embedded with Windows 10 Home,...
  7. What antivirus I recommend to be the best for Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What antivirus I recommend to be the best for Windows 10 Home: Hello, I installed Windows 10 Home and please let me know what antivirus I recommend to install it, but I want the antivirus not to consume too much resource. I mention that I have checked AV-Test and AV-Comparatives and the antivirus that is embedded with Windows 10 Home,...
  8. no internet in w-10 phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no internet in w-10 phone: no internet connection in my lumia 540 phone,since upgraded to window 10,after inserting a new Vodafone SIM on 03/10/2018.despite manual sim settings,the problem still persists.all other features are working fine,but no internet.how shall i solve the problem?...
  9. Recommended malware and antivirus software for windows 10

Recommended malware and antivirus software for windows 10: Hi, Just joined the forum and I look forward to sharing and contributing while seeking advice and help from members. I found a file on a partition on the disk drive that refers to MPSigStub. The properties do not show that it is a MS file. It says it is a Network Service...
  10. Recommended Windows 10 Antivirus exclusions

Recommended Windows 10 Antivirus exclusions: Does anyone have a link to what files and folders should be excluded for our antivirus software (McAfee)? I've tried googling but can't find anything for Windows 10 44836