Windows 10: Antivirus and Start Menu don't work 0x80070643

Discus and support Antivirus and Start Menu don't work 0x80070643 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had noticed that my Dell laptop over the last few days, whenever the screen was locked, was repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting to the external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NFH., Nov 7, 2020.

1. NFH. Win User

Antivirus and Start Menu don't work 0x80070643

I had noticed that my Dell laptop over the last few days, whenever the screen was locked, was repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting to the external monitor. Every time when I subsequently unlocked Windows, I found that it had annoyingly moved all my windows from the external monitor to the laptop's screen. I remember that a graphics card driver had prompted me for an installation a couple of weeks ago, which must have caused the disconnection/reconnection problem with the external monitor. So I then did a System Restore back to around three weeks ago. This cured the problem.

Because I had rolled back three weeks, I then did all the recent Windows Updates, including KB4580364 Optional Quality update: 2020-10 cumulative update preview for Windows 10 version 20H2 for x64 based systems which had not been installed previously. This update changed the look and feel of the Start Menu icons.

But I then noticed a new problem - Windows Defender had failed to update its virus definitions - "There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643".

I therefore undid the System Restore, which didn't cure 0x80070643. Even worse, my Start Menu stopped working, only for my own user, but not for a new test user that I created. I assume that this was because KB4580364 had updated some of my user data for the Start Menu, and this new user data is now incompatible with the previous configuration when I rolled back KB4580364. I now cannot do any effective System Restore.

How can I fix 0x80070643 and restore my Start Menu?

:)

NFH., Nov 7, 2020
  2. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Nov 7, 2020
  3. AB_721 Win User
    windows 10 start menu doesn´t work

Hi

I returned to my own old microsoft account because of reason I descriebed before.

I run Microsoft Safety Scanner, didn`t find any spyware or viruses. This issue didn`t help me to solve the start menu problem.

I use norton as antivirus software. I tried disableing it, but also didn`t help. Only helped me unninstaling drop box programme. The start menu has been working until than, but with very limmeted functions. Don`t recieve error mesage.
    The microsoft store app program is not shown up. Microsoft Mail programme don`t work, have to use webmail. I tried again attempt reinstall apps via powershell, but without any success. I use Microsoft account.

Thanks.

Anton

AB_721, Nov 7, 2020
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Antivirus and Start Menu don't work 0x80070643 - Similar Threads - Antivirus Start Menu

2. Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu: After the KB5025310 update, the one that changed the way the Print Screen key works in Windows 11, apparently broke the work of the "Recommended" section, the section in which applications are displayed.Previously, after opening the application, the application icon appeared...
  3. Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu: After the KB5025310 update, the one that changed the way the Print Screen key works in Windows 11, apparently broke the work of the "Recommended" section, the section in which applications are displayed.Previously, after opening the application, the application icon appeared...
  4. start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work: Hello, my system consist of three drives: - C: 128 GB SSD which is where windows installed - D and E: both sum is 3 TB and I keep all files and installations on them. my windows started to crash randomly and the C drive was getting low on spacelike 15 GB remaining. so I...
  5. Start Menu and ms-settings don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and ms-settings don't work: Greetings, When I woke up and turned on my PC everything was normal but, when I signed in everything was black I can move my cursor around and open task manager but nothing else. After a few minutes, the desktop loaded and now I cannot open the start menu and any of the...
  6. Try this Tip if Start Menu Tiles Don't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Try this Tip if Start Menu Tiles Don't Work: Try this Windows 10 tip if your Start Menu Tiles Don't Work-Helpful before trying Terminate/Repair/or Reinstalling Tile Apps. 1. Go to Search and type in the problematic APP. It will show in the App List. 2. Select "Unpin From Start." Menu 3. Re-pin the App to the Start...
  7. my task bar & start menu don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my task bar & start menu don't work: For the past week my start menu & task bar won't work why could that be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-start-menu-dont-work/3fe8ad4f-67a8-4d02-9e8b-2dbfcf13c7b7
  8. Start don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start don't work: If I right click the start I will get a menu but if I left click the start nothing happens. How can I fix this? 28393
  9. Windows Start Menu and Taskbar Don't Work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Menu and Taskbar Don't Work: Hi, on occasion when I mouse over either the start bar or the taskbar it doesn't change colour like it usually does (the little blue background it changes to for instance) and it doesn't let me click on them. As well as this, it doesn't let me click on any window that isn't...
  10. Start Menu Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Not Working: Hey all, so i've been struggling for the last few hours after a re-install of windows 10 - I had been encoutnering issues with another application so I decided to just blow my OS and start from scratch. I had been running on that OS for 5 months without any issue. So I...
Tags: