Windows 10: Antivirus choice?

Discus and support Antivirus choice? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I'm looking for a free antivirus. Open to all suggestions. I don't visit dangerous sites or download bad stuff (I use common sense) but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Professor_Cryogen, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Antivirus choice?

Hello, I'm looking for a free antivirus. Open to all suggestions. I don't visit dangerous sites or download bad stuff (I use common sense) but still would like a good antivirus. What matters most to me is that it's low on resource use as I only have 8Gb of RAM. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Professor_Cryogen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Professor_Cryogen, Dec 2, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Dec 2, 2019
  3. welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Antivirus choice?

Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Antivirus choice?

1. Antivirus choice? - Similar Threads - Antivirus choice

2. how to remove s mode so I can install antivirus or other programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove s mode so I can install antivirus or other programs: how to remove s mode so I can install antivirus software or external devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-s-mode-so-i-can-install-antivirus-or/9210a95e-5c3f-4eb9-9d2b-214e4cfb0bea
  3. how to remove s mode so I can install antivirus or other programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove s mode so I can install antivirus or other programs: how to remove s mode so I can install antivirus software or external devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-s-mode-so-i-can-install-antivirus-or/9210a95e-5c3f-4eb9-9d2b-214e4cfb0bea
  4. I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.: I can't install it. It terminates immediately when I run the application.And It was purchased by our school, for everyone else it is working but for me, it doesn't work. I even restarted the device, but it failed.I am not able to install applications. For example likeThey say...
  5. I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.

I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.: I can't install it. It terminates immediately when I run the application.And It was purchased by our school, for everyone else it is working but for me, it doesn't work. I even restarted the device, but it failed.I am not able to install applications. For example likeThey say...
  6. Antivirus keeps crashing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus keeps crashing games: Only happens with rainbow 6 siege and no other game has that problem. Every time the game crashes i go to the windows updates in setting and its ALWAYS an antivirus update....
  7. Antivirus keeps crashing games

Antivirus keeps crashing games: Only happens with rainbow 6 siege and no other game has that problem. Every time the game crashes i go to the windows updates in setting and its ALWAYS an antivirus update....
  8. History of windows antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    History of windows antivirus: I have a problem cause in my history is like every single thing on my PC and now i cant even open that history cause it freeze and after 5 seconds it will shut down always. I can open that before like 2 weeks but now i cant....
  9. Looking for antivirus with more user choice.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for antivirus with more user choice.: So I am currently using Bitdefender, and one of my biggest complaints is that when Bitdefender thinks it finds malware, it either auto deletes it, or auto-quarantines it. This creates a lot of hassle since these events have always been false positives, and sometimes the file...
  10. Antivirus choice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus choice: Hi i got very disappointed with Windows Defender, it kept deleting files, which I knew to be safe, so disabled everything about it I could find.then I began the search for a replacement. I can’t afford yearly subscriptions, so looked for free alternatives. I am unable to...