Windows 10: Antivirus choice?

Discus and support Antivirus choice? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I'm looking for a free antivirus. Open to all suggestions. I don't visit dangerous sites or download bad stuff (I use common sense) but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Professor_Cryogen, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Antivirus choice?

Hello, I'm looking for a free antivirus. Open to all suggestions. I don't visit dangerous sites or download bad stuff (I use common sense) but still would like a good antivirus. What matters most to me is that it's low on resource use as I only have 8Gb of RAM. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Professor_Cryogen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Professor_Cryogen, Dec 2, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Dec 2, 2019
  3. welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Antivirus choice?

Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Antivirus choice?

1. Antivirus choice? - Similar Threads - Antivirus choice

2. what will be the best antivirus for windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what will be the best antivirus for windows 10: thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-will-be-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10/434a0c4d-5f73-4738-895a-604fbcb6edbc
  3. Shouldi get an ANTIVIRUS or NOT Please

Shouldi get an ANTIVIRUS or NOT Please: Shouldi get an ANTIVIRUS or NOT Please Guys i just did a new install windows 10 and drivers are being installed i am always on Steam if i am not here i am there so my quetion is if i stay with just windows defender would this be OK becuase i have noticed anything other...
  4. Windows defender Antivirus in different Win 10 products

Windows defender Antivirus in different Win 10 products: Hi , I would like to know is the function of Windows Defender Antivirus in Win 10 Pro and Win 10 IoT Ent LTSC are the same. We would like to change the product from Pro to IoT Enterprise, however our customer has question about this function. Please someone knows this...
  5. Windows 10 antivirus

Windows 10 antivirus: Is my new PC with Windows 10 safe from viruses no matter which browser I use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-antivirus/6ded794d-b006-4436-8be3-4fecf1b31966"
  6. Free antivirus in 2019?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free antivirus in 2019?: Hey gents, I'm not so great with computers and such so I need a bit of guidance. I'd like to know if any of you guys could personally recommend any free antivirus software. I googled it first but the results didnt seem too trustworthy, any advice would is helpful :)...
  7. Windows 10 Fast Startup Disables Kaspersky Antivirus ?

Windows 10 Fast Startup Disables Kaspersky Antivirus ?: Hello, So i have fast startup enabled in Windows 10 and just noticed today when i turned on the PC that Kaspersky Antivirus didn’t start. By this i mean the KAV icon wasn’t in the taskbar tray. Does Windows 10 fast startup mess with Kaspersky Antivirus startup or can it...
  8. Windows 10 Fast Startup Disables Kaspersky Antivirus ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Fast Startup Disables Kaspersky Antivirus ?: Hello, So i have fast startup enabled in Windows 10 and just noticed today when i turned on the PC that Kaspersky Antivirus didn’t start. By this i mean the KAV icon wasn’t in the taskbar tray. Does Windows 10 fast startup mess with Kaspersky Antivirus startup or can it...
  9. Avast, AVG Antivirus users can't Update Windows 10: How to Bypass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Avast, AVG Antivirus users can't Update Windows 10: How to Bypass: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ezehill [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e24fe4/avast_avg_antivirus_users_cant_update_windows_10/
  10. How to stop Windows Defender Antivirus from downloading updates

How to stop Windows Defender Antivirus from downloading updates: I'm running WIN10 v 1909 and Avast antivirus. Since the upgrade to WIN10 v 1903, I've been getting an error message telling me Windows Defender Antivirus update(s) have failed and specifically - "..Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...