Windows 10: Antivirus evolved

Discus and support Antivirus evolved in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some say antivirus is an outdated technology. What does “antivirus” even mean? For us, antivirus is the most commonly-recognized term that means for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Antivirus evolved

Source: Antivirus evolved Windows Security

:)

Brink, May 7, 2017

2. nokia 701 belle fp1 frequent restart problem solution.

Bad themes installed?

Solution; uninstall all themes except Evolve.

Go for it a couple of days and see...also some app may cause this issue, for example Netqin, antivirus/firewall apps, Belle extra buttons...just thinking out loud here.

Ztuka---01, May 7, 2017
  3. How to block any Gaming Evolved Apps from being installed on Windows 10.

Original Title: Gaming Evolved Apps

Can I permitmently block any Gaming Evolved Apps from being installed on my Windows 10 computer?

rbs-jos2500, May 7, 2017
  4. Antivirus evolved

I seriously doubt that their is another single company that put as much hardware, and personnel dollars into security that Microsoft does.

Yet their are so many reports, test, blogs and posts all over that keep telling all of us that Microsoft security programs are not top shelf.
    My personal beliefs are that Microsoft does a very good job with security but causes a problem in the market place.
    That problem is in most cases their programs for security are free. Those companies selling programs do not like Microsoft's method of free security.
    I personally use Microsoft Security Essentials with Windows 7 and when I do use W-10; Defender was my choice of security.
    I do use Malwarebyte's active in conjunction with Microsoft security programs which are also active.

They have always worked for me. At times I do use other programs when I believe necessary for a simple reason.
    I'm paranoid and like to check my system with other trusted programs to verify Microsoft and Malwarebytes are doing their job. I can only remember one virus that got in my system in the last 2 or 3 years and I believe that happened because I was downloading programs after a Clean Install and I wasn't paying attention as well as I should of been and gave permission for the bag guy to sneak in.

The end game is, I believe the information that Brink has posted from Microsoft. I'm a simple home user but still need security just like the big boys.

Just my opinion.

Jack

Layback Bear, May 8, 2017
  5. At some level we all have a problem of one kind or another at some time. Most of my life was spent with the attitude that if I thought you were an SOB, I wanted you to be the first to know. Eventually I got to trying to be equally generous with compliments.

When we have a problem we want everyone to know about it. If things run smoothly we tend to be quiet about it. After all, who wants to hear about is NOT broke or malfunctioning? I think maybe that gives us a distorted view of the subject.

I'm pretty sure if I had some of the problems I've read here, I would be telling everyone that would listen about them. And I can do that with some colorful language that isn't soon forgotten. Meanwhile, I'm thankful that I've been lucky.

Wiley Coyote, May 8, 2017
  6. tomseys Win User
    Windows Defender and MBAM on demand on the side has kept my laptops running smooth and virus/malware/pup free for years.

I can't say the same when I used to be vigilant about which AV topped the detection/elimination test of the month charts and trying them out - I'd experience computer slowdowns, problematic signature updates - sometimes very serious, annoying upsell with the free ones and even occasionally getting a serious virus or malware that required extra tools to remove - usually due to overconfidence in the program. I later decided to always be careful of what sites I visit, what links I click and what programs I download. Since then I haven't had any problems and with Windows defender and MBAM as back up allowing my computer to function smoothly without annoyance and intrusion I'm confident I won't have any problems.

Though I do wish they would fix the exclamation issue already.

tomseys, May 8, 2017
  7. Yes, they do, even more, because they are focused on security only, WD team is only one branch of Microsoft. Not to mention, that all those great features are mostly available only for Enterprise users, like ATP. I use WD on mom's computer, but for a real user, I would not recommend WD, there are better options.

Google Researchers Find Wormable "Crazy Bad" Windows Exploit

Microsoft Security Advisory 4022344

Security Update for Microsoft Malware Protection Engine - - Windows 10 Forums

TairikuOkami, May 8, 2017
  8. CountMike New Member

Antivirus evolved

I have never had much fate in AVs and always considered them as just another security layer. Until last year and W10 and it's WD becoming a full fledged AV (and some other things), I didn't use any other AV with none of bad effects. Learning how to protect yourself is best policy. There's no insurance for "stupid".
    I occasionally do a full sweep with it, Mbam and AdwCleaner just for good measure. If I ever suspect some other security related problem, I usually use a program that addresses that particular matter and or online and offline scans.

CountMike, May 8, 2017
  9. Lmbrt Win User
    Which (inevitably) brings rather unexperienced home users like myself to two direct questions:

1. Would you advise an average and yet rather prudent user to rely only on WD in a Windows 10 (e.g. Home) environment or for the time being a "solid" and possibly not free (internet) security package should be still regarded as a top priority within a family budget?
    2. Moreover, the fact that WD has evolved so much, should be considered as a deterrent to install on the same machine other firms' antiviruses or security packages out of fear of some possible hidden incompatibility between the Microsoft program and the other one (even if of course the mere fact of installing another ware should automatically and completely disable WD)?

Thanks a lot *Smile

Lmbrt, May 8, 2017
  10. defender isn't "top shelf" cause there is very little you can tweak in it to you needs

ChaChaLaBoom, May 8, 2017
  11. CountMike New Member
    Except for those tweaks built in WD, what else do you tweak in other AVs ?

CountMike, May 8, 2017
  12. tomseys Win User
    I think if anything doing the opposite makes more sense.

tomseys, May 8, 2017
  13. Joanne Win User
  14. compare the user controlled settings in bitdefender total security and wd and just try to tell me again that wd is as customizable.

ChaChaLaBoom, May 8, 2017
  15. CountMike New Member
    I used many AVs during the years including Bit defender just over a year ago. I'm pretty sure I know what they can do. I asked about specifics, not some general thing.

CountMike, May 8, 2017
Thema:

Antivirus evolved

1. Antivirus evolved - Similar Threads - Antivirus evolved

2. I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.: I can't install it. It terminates immediately when I run the application.And It was purchased by our school, for everyone else it is working but for me, it doesn't work. I even restarted the device, but it failed.I am not able to install applications. For example likeThey say...
  3. I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.: I can't install it. It terminates immediately when I run the application.And It was purchased by our school, for everyone else it is working but for me, it doesn't work. I even restarted the device, but it failed.I am not able to install applications. For example likeThey say...
  4. Antivirus keeps crashing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus keeps crashing games: Only happens with rainbow 6 siege and no other game has that problem. Every time the game crashes i go to the windows updates in setting and its ALWAYS an antivirus update....
  5. Antivirus keeps crashing games

Antivirus keeps crashing games: Only happens with rainbow 6 siege and no other game has that problem. Every time the game crashes i go to the windows updates in setting and its ALWAYS an antivirus update....
  6. History of windows antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    History of windows antivirus: I have a problem cause in my history is like every single thing on my PC and now i cant even open that history cause it freeze and after 5 seconds it will shut down always. I can open that before like 2 weeks but now i cant....
  7. History of windows antivirus

History of windows antivirus: I have a problem cause in my history is like every single thing on my PC and now i cant even open that history cause it freeze and after 5 seconds it will shut down always. I can open that before like 2 weeks but now i cant....
  8. History of windows antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  10. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....