Windows 10: Antivirus false alarm

Discus and support Antivirus false alarm in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Security triggers when I try to run an .exe that I coded myself. I'm using Notepad++ to code in C and Developer's Command Prompt from VS 2019... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tye_rant, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Tye_rant Win User

Antivirus false alarm

Windows Security triggers when I try to run an .exe that I coded myself. I'm using Notepad++ to code in C and Developer's Command Prompt from VS 2019 to compile. Then when I try to run the exe, it triggers the alert and deletes the exe. Can anything be done about this? I know I can tell Windows to allow it, but does that apply only to the one specific file, or any instance of the malware that it may see in the future?

:)

Tye_rant, Feb 14, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

False Alarm Tracking System

I'm doing some work for a security company that monitors alarm systems. They are currently using an ancient piece of software that tracks false alarms.

Basically, ever time there is a false alarm it is entered into the system, each one is entered manually so it doesn't have to interface with another piece of software or anything. When the person gets their 3rd false alarm the software automatically flags the person and spits out a $35 invoice so it can be sent to the person. Every false alarm after that the system generates another $35 invoice and tracks the persons balance as well. Then on January 1 the number of false alarms are reset to 0 and the process starts over, but obviously their balance is kept if they haven't paid it.

I'm looking to replace this old program with something that will actually run in Windows 7/8, right now they have to use XPMode to run it and it barely runs under that.

Anyone know of anything free of paid that could do this?

newtekie1, Feb 14, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    False Alarm Tracking System

Yes, fully automated after the person enters each false alarm.

newtekie1, Feb 14, 2021
  4. MicDal22 Win User

Antivirus false alarm

Windows Defender False alarm

I am getting many false alarms from Windows Defender.

When I follow up and look for details of the alarm/virus, there is nothing listed. .... so what is it picking up??

Haven't had the time to investigate fully. I havent changed any of its default settings since it installed with Win 10.

Windows Defender might be a half baked app from Microsoft??.

MicDal22, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Antivirus false alarm

1. Antivirus false alarm - Similar Threads - Antivirus false alarm

2. I submitted a false alarm for my software . What's next?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I submitted a false alarm for my software . What's next?: Hello Guys , I have a VPN app which was working fine until today . Today my clients messaged me and said the file is detected as a virus by windows 10 defender . I submitted my file and the analyst has answered the following : Analyst comments: We have removed the...
  3. Windows Defender False alarm

Windows Defender False alarm: C:\Program Files\Sandboxie-Plus\Sandboxie-Plus-Installer.exe This is Windows Defender False alarm. Please remove from alarms.Releases · sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie · GitHub...
  4. Virus alert false alarm?

Virus alert false alarm?: Just had this pop up from Microsofts' Win10 security system Trojan:JS/Foretype.A!ml Alert level: Severe Date 01/12/2020 14:23 Category: Trojan Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker. Affected items \woocommerce-admin\dist\data\index.min.js...
  5. My windows smart screen made a false alarm of a virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows smart screen made a false alarm of a virus?: I was trying to run paint tool SAI 2 but it said that it might be a virus but there is no run anyway button. I tried to click more info but it still doesn't show any run anyway button. What do I do?? submitted by /u/NagitosDeadPet [link] [comments]...
  6. Is this a false alarm, or legitimate threat? I checked updates, and updated Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a false alarm, or legitimate threat? I checked updates, and updated Windows...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ninetales7700 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jo60l2/is_this_a_false_alarm_or_legitimate_threat_i/
  7. If your USB disk dies, it might be false alarm

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    If your USB disk dies, it might be false alarm: Hello! Yesterday while I was using my PC remotely via Anydesk, I noticed several errors when trying to read or write to a USB disk I had connected. I thought that for some reason might have lost the disk, so I decided to restart the computer to establish connection again....
  8. Bearfoos.A!ml false alarm?

Bearfoos.A!ml false alarm?: I was writing a program in QB64 that downloads all files on a specific page on the internet. After troubleshooting it a bit, I ran it and it started for a split second then stopped. I got a notification that a threat was found. It pointed to the executable that I just...
  9. False alarm caused by Microsoft Security Essential

False alarm caused by Microsoft Security Essential: Dear Sir, I suffer an issue that my under layer disk IO execution file was misjudged as virus by Microsoft Security Essential. (This may 100% reproduced when I compile it by using MFC in a static library) However, when I recompile this execution file by using MFC in...
  10. False Antivirus Expiration Warnings

False Antivirus Expiration Warnings: I use NOD32 antivirus and my subscription was going to expire in a week so Windows started notifying me through its action center. At the 2 day mark I renewed my subscription but for the last week Windows is still telling me my antivirus will expire in 2 days, its 2 days,...