Windows 10: antivirus/firewall protection

Discus and support antivirus/firewall protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; will another virus protection like Norton interfere with the windows firewall etc how are they compatible and is it necessary to have both?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tugsboat, Oct 18, 2020.

1. tugsboat Win User

antivirus/firewall protection

will another virus protection like Norton interfere with the windows firewall etc how are they compatible and is it necessary to have both?

:)

tugsboat, Oct 18, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Firewall & Antivirus Issues

Hi desiree!!!

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern? JUST THE UPDATES YOU CAN SEE ON THE SCREENSHOT, NOTHING ELSE...

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? RESTARTING COMPUTER ONLY
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to enable the said applications? NO ERROR MESSAGESARE BEING RETRIEVED WHEN FIREWALL OR ANTIVIRUS ARE ENABLED, NOTHIMG HAPPENS WHEN THEY'RE CLICKED

Chris Alvarado, Oct 18, 2020
  4. antivirus/firewall protection

Jsssssssss, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

antivirus/firewall protection

1. antivirus/firewall protection - Similar Threads - antivirus firewall protection

2. windows antivirus{security}and windows firewall and exploit protection and TPM they all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows antivirus{security}and windows firewall and exploit protection and TPM they all...: Hello I have a serious problem. when i start up laptop everything is set correct. then when i go to few different web sites or youtube When I am finished reading or watching something and want to click on anywhere on the web page and nothing clicks. The only way to close the...
  3. I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus...: I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus protection for my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-turn-on-the-windows-firewall/afb5e856-c5b1-46ee-97f9-ee7810ab0deb
  4. Antivirus protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus protection: I was running free Bitdefender until May of last year when it was somehow switched to snooze and I have been unable to turn it back on by clicking on the turn on button. My Windows defender antivirus has also been turned off and I'm unable to also turn it back on by clicking...
  5. Antivirus protection

Antivirus protection: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I was told that windows 10 has built in antivirus protection. Is that true and do we not need antivirus software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-protection/1b628b50-ee9d-4f63-b319-1829af4ea117"
  6. antivirus protection

antivirus protection: I cannot run a virus scan I have a red message say my virus protection is controlled by my organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-protection/9f89e826-1999-4a45-93c2-aedc1ad2a658"
  7. Stack Firewalls/antiviruses

Stack Firewalls/antiviruses: Is there any options and variants to stack some firewalls with windows defender! I know there is I did it before, but I don't remember the name of the firewall/antivirus! I mean not to use both antivirus and firewalls at the same time with windows security -...
  8. firewall protection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall protection: I cannot get online because of a privacy error. I've tried switching the public network settings but there is no on off switch. send help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-protection/cadbf466-b365-4846-8c28-cac5cc687e14
  9. Firewall and antivirus

Firewall and antivirus: How can I have both my antivirus' firewall - (Kaspersky) and Window defender's firewall at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-and-antivirus/d17b9b0e-76fb-434f-8a57-2d186544c643"
  10. Free AntiVirus program w/configurable firewall protection

Free AntiVirus program w/configurable firewall protection: Hello, After much aggravation, I determined that my AntiVirus program was not letting me run the web interface for my home automation program all of a sudden. I disabled the firewall part and still have Windows Firewall on. Is there any AntiVirus program that can allow...