Windows 10: Antivirus for laptop

Discus and support Antivirus for laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hey i need a help in protecting my laptop firstly when i purchased this laptop i got 1 month free and now it has expire so should i renew it or not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shubham2266, May 22, 2020.

1. Antivirus for laptop

hey i need a help in protecting my laptop firstly when i purchased this laptop i got 1 month free and now it has expire so should i renew it or not Secondly, Should I purchase bitdefender antivirus Thirdly, Does windows defender is capable as compare to other antivirus. What you suggest, help..help!!

:)

Shubham2266, May 22, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 22, 2020
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, May 22, 2020
  4. Antivirus for laptop

Bit the bullet, and ordered my laptop!!

In the meantime, I'm thinking about a list of "indispensible software" to install... while trying to avoid bloat-ware.

Here's my list. Any suggestions welcome. (OS will be Vista Home Premium x64 so they must be 64bit compatible)

- Avast Antivirus
    - Spyware Doctor

(any better suggestions for the above two?)

- CPU-Z
    - GPU-Z
    - SIW
    - 3DMark 06 (vantage... I think the last time I checked it wasn't free or I'm confusing it with something else?)
    - SuperPi
    - CoreTemp
    - ATITool (mainly for GPU temperature monitoring)
    - Piriform Defraggler

- Firefox
    - Fraps

Am I missing out something, and where do you suggest I could improve?

Black Panther, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Antivirus for laptop

1. Antivirus for laptop - Similar Threads - Antivirus laptop

2. I have a new laptop with Windows 11, do I need to get extra antivirus malware protection or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new laptop with Windows 11, do I need to get extra antivirus malware protection or...: My question is simple but very important to me.I have got a new laptop with Windows 11, do I need to get extra antivirus malware protection or with Windows Defender I am sufficiently covered?...
  3. I have a new laptop with Windows 11, do I need to get extra antivirus malware protection or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new laptop with Windows 11, do I need to get extra antivirus malware protection or...: My question is simple but very important to me.I have got a new laptop with Windows 11, do I need to get extra antivirus malware protection or with Windows Defender I am sufficiently covered?...
  4. Due to the manufacturer's laptop drivers, the built-in antivirus is breaking.

Due to the manufacturer's laptop drivers, the built-in antivirus is breaking.: Hello everyone! Recently, I encountered an issue while installing and using Windows 11. I performed a regular installation of Windows 11 and everything went well; Windows Defender started without any problems. However, as soon as I entered the Windows Updates section and...
  5. Due to the manufacturer's laptop drivers, the built-in antivirus is breaking.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Due to the manufacturer's laptop drivers, the built-in antivirus is breaking.: Hello everyone! Recently, I encountered an issue while installing and using Windows 11. I performed a regular installation of Windows 11 and everything went well; Windows Defender started without any problems. However, as soon as I entered the Windows Updates section and...
  6. My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers, I'm...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers, I'm...: My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers,but in reality, I'm not using any other antivirus software. And I'm trying to find any program in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features" There are also no antivirus...
  7. My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers, I'm...

My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers, I'm...: My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers,but in reality, I'm not using any other antivirus software. And I'm trying to find any program in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features" There are also no antivirus...
  8. My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers, I'm...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. How To Install McAfee Antivirus In Windows Laptop

How To Install McAfee Antivirus In Windows Laptop: Considering the information you provided in your inquiry, here is a response to help you with McAfee Tech Support: +1-877-369-0875.In case you need particular assistance for your McAfee Antivirus or other McAfee things, you can find an extensive list of free support decisions...
  10. How To Install McAfee Antivirus In Windows Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Install McAfee Antivirus In Windows Laptop: Considering the information you provided in your inquiry, here is a response to help you with McAfee Tech Support: +1-877-369-0875.In case you need particular assistance for your McAfee Antivirus or other McAfee things, you can find an extensive list of free support decisions...