Windows 10: Antivirus for Windows vista

Discus and support Antivirus for Windows vista in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials because it longer is compatible with Vista. My computer is a dinosaur and I am not willing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jesse Gilsoul, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Antivirus for Windows vista

Hi, I am trying to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials because it longer is compatible with Vista. My computer is a dinosaur and I am not willing to change OS at this point, I feel like it would just over complicate things. MSE will not uninstall and therefore Avast is not able to install. Halp!

:)

Jesse Gilsoul, Sep 27, 2022

2. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Sep 27, 2022
  3. newmodder Win User
    antivirus for Vista RC2

is there a program for antivirus for Vista RC2

newmodder, Sep 27, 2022
  4. malware Win User

Antivirus for Windows vista

Windows Vista Compatibility, Reliability, and Stability Patch Released

Following the DirectX 9.0C November patch, Microsoft has also released a new update for Windows Vista that improves the compatibility, reliability, and stability of the OS. Download links for Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-bit.

This update includes the following improvements:
    • It extends the battery life for mobile devices.
    • It improves the stability of portable computers and of desktop computers that use an uninterruptable power supply (UPS).
    • It improves the reliability of Windows Vista when you open the menu of a startup application.
    • It improves the stability of wireless network services.
    • It shortens the startup time of Windows Vista by using a better timing structure.
    • It shortens the recovery time after Windows Vista experiences a period of inactivity.
    • It shortens the recovery time when you try to exit the Photos screen saver.
    • It improves the stability of Windows PowerShell.
    This update also resolves the following issues in Windows Vista:
    • A compatibility issue that affects some third-party antivirus software applications.
    • A reliability issue that occurs when a Windows Vista-based computer uses certain network driver configurations.
    Source: Microsoft

malware, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Antivirus for Windows vista

1. Antivirus for Windows vista - Similar Threads - Antivirus vista

2. I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.: I can't install it. It terminates immediately when I run the application.And It was purchased by our school, for everyone else it is working but for me, it doesn't work. I even restarted the device, but it failed.I am not able to install applications. For example likeThey say...
  3. I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.: I can't install it. It terminates immediately when I run the application.And It was purchased by our school, for everyone else it is working but for me, it doesn't work. I even restarted the device, but it failed.I am not able to install applications. For example likeThey say...
  4. Antivirus keeps crashing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus keeps crashing games: Only happens with rainbow 6 siege and no other game has that problem. Every time the game crashes i go to the windows updates in setting and its ALWAYS an antivirus update....
  5. Antivirus keeps crashing games

Antivirus keeps crashing games: Only happens with rainbow 6 siege and no other game has that problem. Every time the game crashes i go to the windows updates in setting and its ALWAYS an antivirus update....
  6. History of windows antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    History of windows antivirus: I have a problem cause in my history is like every single thing on my PC and now i cant even open that history cause it freeze and after 5 seconds it will shut down always. I can open that before like 2 weeks but now i cant....
  7. History of windows antivirus

History of windows antivirus: I have a problem cause in my history is like every single thing on my PC and now i cant even open that history cause it freeze and after 5 seconds it will shut down always. I can open that before like 2 weeks but now i cant....
  8. History of windows antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  10. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....