Windows 10: Antivirus is showing msi.dll file as virus

Discus and support Antivirus is showing msi.dll file as virus in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Quick heal antivirus is showing C:\Windows\SysWOW64|\msi.dll as virus. Everytime on startup and even on logging in it prompts the warning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Prateek M, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Prateek M Win User

Antivirus is showing msi.dll file as virus

My Quick heal antivirus is showing C:\Windows\SysWOW64|\msi.dll as virus. Everytime on startup and even on logging in it prompts the warning notification.. Its happening after i updated my windows recently..

Antivirus is showing msi.dll file as virus 8afe7ff4-86fa-4d4f-b74b-57e1866c8f58?upload=true.jpg

:)

Prateek M, Dec 29, 2018

2. Missing MSVCP100.dll files

Since Windows 8 update to Windows 10, AVG Antivirus/Internet Security 2013 misses some DLL to start :

• MSVCR100.dll
    • MSVCP100.dll
    I managed to solve this problem by clicking right on AVG icon, selecting "Open file location" (it opens a window with all AVG files), double clicking on "upgrade.exe" (with AVG logo). A message shows that AVG protection was disabled by Windows 10. Click on
    start an update to get AVG 2015. That's all!

Antoine Gégé, Dec 29, 2018
  3. WinRing0.dll missing. Installing realtemp issue?

Hi Shane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You may get WinRing0.dll error message when you are trying to run or install some applications. This kind of error can happen when Windows or software starts or shuts down, or maybe when you are using the computer or software.

WinRing0.dll error may be caused by the following situations:

• WinRing0.dll file may be mistakenly deleted by someone, computer antivirus or system cleaning tools.
    • WinRing0.dll file is corrupted or damaged by virus infections.
    • Some applications were installed or uninstalled improperly.
    • The configuration entries of WinRing0.dll file is still active in the systemregistry.
    • There may be something wrong with your computer hardware.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to repair the WinRing0.dll files on your system:

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest Windows updates and check if it helps.

Step 2: Run SFC Scan.

What is SFC (System File Checker)?

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the steps given in the below article to perform SFC scan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Step 3: I would suggest you to run
    Microsoft Safety Scanner
    which will help you to remove virus from your system.

Microsoft Safety Scanner removes virus or malware which is present in your system and might be causing harm to your system.

To run Microsoft Safety scanner follow the below link:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-in/default.aspx

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Kullu93 Win User

WHAT IS Sqlite3.dll

DLL is a dynamic link library file format used for holding multiple codes and procedures for Windows programs. I won't suggest you to get rid of that file.

Running an antivirus will remove the virus/threats from your machine.

Kullu93, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Antivirus is showing msi.dll file as virus - Similar Threads - Antivirus showing msi

2. Antivirus thinks my game is a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus thinks my game is a virus: Hello!I made a game using "unity" and made an installer for it using "Inno setup compiler"I tried sending the installer to my friends but their windows defender said it found a virus in the file even though there are no viruses in there.Is there a way to make my game...
  3. Antivirus thinks my game is a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antivirus thinks my game is a virus: Hello!I made a game using "unity" and made an installer for it using "Inno setup compiler"I tried sending the installer to my friends but their windows defender said it found a virus in the file even though there are no viruses in there.Is there a way to make my game...
  4. Virus Scan shows a lot of files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Scan shows a lot of files: I was scanning my desktop 2 days ago and it scanned 13 Million files. Im stumped as to where these files are and how do I clean them up if most aren't being used? I don't feel like I should have 13M files on my desktop....
  5. Windows 11 Autoruns not showing virus DLL NewJavaJ.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Autoruns not showing virus DLL NewJavaJ.dll: I've done the best I can to try and locate the source for NewJavaJ.dll but even in autoruns I cannot find it. I've removed the virus but cannot find what is calling on that specific DLL? I get an error on startup that the module NewJavaJ.dll cannot be found. Could use some...
  6. Windows 11 Autoruns not showing virus DLL NewJavaJ.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Autoruns not showing virus DLL NewJavaJ.dll: I've done the best I can to try and locate the source for NewJavaJ.dll but even in autoruns I cannot find it. I've removed the virus but cannot find what is calling on that specific DLL? I get an error on startup that the module NewJavaJ.dll cannot be found. Could use some...
  7. virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus

virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus: Last week i have changed my antivirus from Macfee to NPAV,however now Windows virus and threat protection is not detecting antivirus. this is resulting in slowing down of laptop due to two scan working at same time.any solution?...
  8. A virus deleted my antivirus somehow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A virus deleted my antivirus somehow: A couple days ago a shortcut disappeared from my desktop. I didn't pay much attention to it until today when I realized it was the shortcut for AVG. I tried to open AVG and looked for the install folder and it seems that AVG was uninstalled from my computer somehow. Immediate...
  9. missing dll for EpicInstaller-10.5.4.msi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing dll for EpicInstaller-10.5.4.msi: Hello and thanks for looking at this question. A few weeks ago I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer using settings > Recovery > Reset this PC. Then let all the Windows 10 updates auto install. I later tried to reinstall the game launcher from EpicGames.com (after...
  10. Emsisoft antivirus caught the 10 virus

Emsisoft antivirus caught the 10 virus: emsisoft was scanning my pc, then caught some 10 viruses.I hit the emergency kit and the virus has been removed my pc away. My pc seems good.. thumb up . *Smile 132852

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msi.dll virus

2. c: windows syswow64 msi.dll

3. msi.dll virus

4. why msi.dll error is happening,
  5. how to fix msi.dll virus,
  6. how to solve msi.dll file wirus,
  7. msi.dll viruss,
  8. quick heal msi.dll acces denied,
  9. msi.dll access denied quick heal,
  10. SySWOW64\msi.dll antivirus shows