Windows 10: ANTIVIRUS MANUAL UPDATES

Discus and support ANTIVIRUS MANUAL UPDATES in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi everyone. antivirus manual updates are true antivirus, because when antivirus updates installing whenever they want, and you cant stop them, this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulius turskis, Apr 2, 2020.

1. ANTIVIRUS MANUAL UPDATES

hi everyone.

antivirus manual updates are true antivirus, because when antivirus updates installing whenever they want, and you cant stop them, this forced me to uninstall from my computer such antivirus as AVIRA and others, because i had a feeling that they do with my computer what they want and i cant stop it.

dear microsoft, microsoft community, is there possibility to disable Windows Antivirus automatic updates, and to download them manually? this would have a feeling that you do not lose control over your pc,

and also this would save my internet bills, because i could go to free wi-fi hotspot whenever new important security updates would be pending. lol

respectfully,
    antivirus vs antivirus kid.

:)

paulius turskis, Apr 2, 2020
  2. haan Win User

Windows 10 Manual Updates Management

I have just installed windows 10. When windows 10 is updating (and only when its updating) there is a chance the system will randomly hang/freeze.

This is very annoying and happens often but, only when updating.

In an attempt to avoid this problem, I have decided to manually download and install updates.

To do so, I have to do the following.

1. Disable Windows 10 automatic updates.
    2. While windows 10 updates are disabled find and list all the required updates (preferable with a dependency tree of some kind)
    3. Download the required updates manually.
    4. Install the required updates manually.

I was able to figure out the steps (1) and (3) (and I'm guessing step (4) is a simple execution)

How should I go about achieving step (2)?

haan, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Milton Win User
    definition update for windows denfender antivirus

Hi mknic,
    I have literally just installed the definition update KB2267602 without any problem. I suggest as a first step checking all the Windows Defender settings to make sure they all have the 'green ticks' in each section.

ANTIVIRUS MANUAL UPDATES [​IMG]

ps. The only reason the 'Family Options' is not ticked is because I am the only user on my computer.

I also would suggest running the 'Troubleshoot' feature in the Update & Security settings which has a section dealing with update problems.

ANTIVIRUS MANUAL UPDATES [​IMG]

Milton, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

ANTIVIRUS MANUAL UPDATES

Jetster, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

ANTIVIRUS MANUAL UPDATES

1. ANTIVIRUS MANUAL UPDATES - Similar Threads - ANTIVIRUS MANUAL UPDATES

2. Manual Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual Updates: Is there a way to install updates manually instead of Windows installing them automatically? I don't really trust Microsoft after that hidden update that upgraded computers to Windows 10....
  3. Manual Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual Updates: Is there a way to install updates manually instead of Windows installing them automatically? I don't really trust Microsoft after that hidden update that upgraded computers to Windows 10....
  4. Manual Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual Update: I am using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 and i haven't got windows 11 update so should i update it manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manual-update/ed7f50fb-cdb1-491a-a795-420a9fee9abb
  5. Manual Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual Update: I am using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 and i haven't got windows 11 update so should i update it manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manual-update/ed7f50fb-cdb1-491a-a795-420a9fee9abb
  6. Manual Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Manual install of Microsoft Defender Antivirus update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Manual install of Microsoft Defender Antivirus update: Hello,I have a laptop that does not have access to internet. I still need to scan it and update antivirus definition file.I download the file from PC that has access to internet, then transfer it to laptop and try to install update. I do it using command line and running...
  8. Manual Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manual Updates: I have experienced unresolved update problems with 2 laptops running 1803, one of which has now downloaded update 1809 automatically. I see from the media that there have been / are problems for many users with 1809 and I have delayed the installation in Settings. However...
  9. Antivirus update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus update: I've tried to update my antivirus and window defender won't run. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/antivirus-update/a4b8f628-eb94-4619-8979-e078050fdd81
  10. Manual Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manual Update?: How do I do a manual Windows 10 update? thanks 16379