Windows 10: Antivirus not disabled

Discus and support Antivirus not disabled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender Antivirus is still running, both in services, in the security menu, and the Antimalware Service Executable. Even though I have it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alexander09138, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Antivirus not disabled

Windows Defender Antivirus is still running, both in services, in the security menu, and the Antimalware Service Executable. Even though I have it disabled in group policy, and it was disabled for a while, not sure what happened. And yes, tamper protection is turned off. The only thing that is disabled is Real Time Protection.

Windows 10 1909 64bit

:)

Alexander09138, Oct 20, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Antivirus not disabled

Windows 10 Update disabled\removed wireless device

Hi Tom,

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10, and we appreciate the steps you have taken so far to fix this issue.

• From what version of Widows you have upgraded to Windows 10?

• Have you installed any third party security software on your computer?
    This issue could have occurred due to conflict between third party antivirus software.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: As an initial step, I suggest you to disable antivirus software (and any other security software) and firewall on the computer as a test and check if that fixes the issue.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software and\or troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks.

Step 2: I recommend you to follow the steps suggested by

RajithR
    (replied on August 1, 2015) in the following thread and check if it helps.

After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, no wireless networks are available

After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, no wireless networks are available

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Antivirus not disabled

1. Antivirus not disabled - Similar Threads - Antivirus disabled

2. Antivirus disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus disabled: Hello! I think I have a virus, in my virus and threat protection it always shows that i have to start actions against threats but it does nothing if i click it. Also, my cloud based protection is disabled and I cant enable it.[moved from de-de]...
  3. Antivirus disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus disabled: Hello! I think I have a virus, in my virus and threat protection it always shows that i have to start actions against threats but it does nothing if i click it. Also, my cloud based protection is disabled and I cant enable it.[moved from de-de]...
  4. Antivirus disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Antivirus disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?: How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection? mean real time protection & tamper protection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-windows-defender-antivirus/bdf21108-9367-4166-858b-c2e5931d23e9
  7. How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?

How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?: How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection? mean real time protection & tamper protection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-windows-defender-antivirus/bdf21108-9367-4166-858b-c2e5931d23e9
  8. How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I know by now, that gpedit does not work. What I have found is that third party software antivirus can disable Microsoft Defender using its API.I need to disable it without the obligation to run third party software.Right now, the only to pieces of software that is malware on...
  9. How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus

How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I know by now, that gpedit does not work. What I have found is that third party software antivirus can disable Microsoft Defender using its API.I need to disable it without the obligation to run third party software.Right now, the only to pieces of software that is malware on...
  10. How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging