Windows 10: Antivirus on new computer

Discus and support Antivirus on new computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey so im getting a new laptop and i dont want it to finish like my last pc. How do i protect it? Is an antimalware something i should absolutely have?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sillyfoal, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Antivirus on new computer

Hey so im getting a new laptop and i dont want it to finish like my last pc. How do i protect it? Is an antimalware something i should absolutely have?

submitted by /u/sillyfoal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sillyfoal, Aug 7, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Antivirus on new computer

Firewall & Antivirus Issues

Hi desiree!!!

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern? JUST THE UPDATES YOU CAN SEE ON THE SCREENSHOT, NOTHING ELSE...

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? RESTARTING COMPUTER ONLY
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to enable the said applications? NO ERROR MESSAGESARE BEING RETRIEVED WHEN FIREWALL OR ANTIVIRUS ARE ENABLED, NOTHIMG HAPPENS WHEN THEY'RE CLICKED

Chris Alvarado, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Antivirus on new computer

1. Antivirus on new computer - Similar Threads - Antivirus computer

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Freezing my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Freezing my computer: Since September 14th, 2023, my computer has been freezing randomly. I've been debugging back and forth on what the issue could be. I ran Dianostics, uninstall drivers, reinstalled drivers. Removed hardware. to pinpoint what my error was.last week, on 10/18/2023. I decided,...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Freezing my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Freezing my computer: Since September 14th, 2023, my computer has been freezing randomly. I've been debugging back and forth on what the issue could be. I ran Dianostics, uninstall drivers, reinstalled drivers. Removed hardware. to pinpoint what my error was.last week, on 10/18/2023. I decided,...
  4. My computer says you're using other antivirus providers even though I don't have any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says you're using other antivirus providers even though I don't have any...: My computer says you're using other antivirus providers even though I don't have any antivirus software. ways to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-youre-using-other-antivirus/0c50df40-febf-4dd8-ad64-f5b4d0197c21
  5. My computer says you're using other antivirus providers even though I don't have any...

My computer says you're using other antivirus providers even though I don't have any...: My computer says you're using other antivirus providers even though I don't have any antivirus software. ways to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-youre-using-other-antivirus/0c50df40-febf-4dd8-ad64-f5b4d0197c21
  6. My Win 8.1 computer or antivirus is preventing writing to my external WD hard drive...

My Win 8.1 computer or antivirus is preventing writing to my external WD hard drive...: Western digital my passport 5TB plug and play is read only on my Dell inspiron with Win 8.1 and Mcafee antivirus. It works fine on other machines with Win.10. A previous external hard drive of the same make and model, also worked fine on my machine.The basic fixes:- going...
  7. My Win 8.1 computer or antivirus is preventing writing to my external WD hard drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Win 8.1 computer or antivirus is preventing writing to my external WD hard drive...: Western digital my passport 5TB plug and play is read only on my Dell inspiron with Win 8.1 and Mcafee antivirus. It works fine on other machines with Win.10. A previous external hard drive of the same make and model, also worked fine on my machine.The basic fixes:- going...
  8. AVG Antivirus Has My Computer Security And I Cannot Change It, including AVG Uninstaller.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG Antivirus Has My Computer Security And I Cannot Change It, including AVG Uninstaller.: My Windows 10 Services have three AVG Services I'm denied access to. Windows Defender has no service. I cannot disable AVG Antivirus from loading at startup. I cannot disable it in Windows Settings. I cannot change most file permissions. Third-party uninstallers detect...
  9. some reason i got hacked and both my malware bytes and computer antivirus went off, my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some reason i got hacked and both my malware bytes and computer antivirus went off, my...: I need help, I am hearing weird noises, ringing etc, I want to fix it, should I wipe my hard drives and blank computer?how do I fix? do you think its because my gmail got hacked? im think of deleting my old gmail and creating a new one....
  10. some reason i got hacked and both my malware bytes and computer antivirus went off, my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    some reason i got hacked and both my malware bytes and computer antivirus went off, my...: I need help, I am hearing weird noises, ringing etc, I want to fix it, should I wipe my hard drives and blank computer?how do I fix? do you think its because my gmail got hacked? im think of deleting my old gmail and creating a new one....