Windows 10: Antivirus problem

Discus and support Antivirus problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows.10.Pro.19H1.RTM.1903.Build.18362.175.June.2019.x64 antivirus behaves weird. In the "security home" page and under virus and protection tab... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by drsaeidy, Jun 26, 2019.

1. drsaeidy Win User

Antivirus problem

My windows.10.Pro.19H1.RTM.1903.Build.18362.175.June.2019.x64 antivirus behaves weird.

In the "security home" page and under virus and protection tab all things appear normal and I can see the sentence :"no action is needed" but when I open the "manage settings" the real time protection tab is turned off and I can see the sentence: "Real time protection is off leaving your device vulnerable and when I try to turn it on it will automatically and instantly back to the "off" position!!!

:)

drsaeidy, Jun 26, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jun 26, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 26, 2019
  4. kath_986 Win User

Antivirus problem

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Antivirus problem

1. Antivirus problem - Similar Threads - Antivirus problem

2. why is windows defender antivirus update taking more time to update than necessary?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is windows defender antivirus update taking more time to update than necessary?: The windows defender antivirus icon showed a message indicating that action is needed. Then, I tried to update it the first time, though, the update process didn't complete. But when I restart my PC, it shows no action is needed. The following day, after booting the system...
  3. Connection lost during Defender Antivirus KB2267602 install: cannot delete for reinstall

Connection lost during Defender Antivirus KB2267602 install: cannot delete for reinstall: Connection lost during Defender Antivirus KB2267602 install: cannot delete for reinstall. any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/connection-lost-during-defender-antivirus/a3725a96-f086-494d-ac27-6a83fa70ad4f
  4. how antivirus knows my passwords?

how antivirus knows my passwords?: I have never entered passwords after new antivirus installed and when I started, it shows that some of my passwords are weak. How is possible that antivirus knows my Windows user pass, wireless and router password too?...
  5. Hi, windows 10 update won't install and says I need to uninstall avast antivirus -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi, windows 10 update won't install and says I need to uninstall avast antivirus -: but I son't have it installed - or at least I can't find it.. Any help appreciated.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-windows-10-update-wont-install-and-says-i-need/289748ee-ed6b-49fc-8b04-b07d7399b4e0
  6. Windows Defender antivirus service

Windows Defender antivirus service: Hello, i tried running my windows defender antivirus service from "services" buh i couldn't. The detail file needed to for the service, 'MsMpEng.exe' was also not running, i tried running that also but couldn't. Please i need your help, my machine is crashing down with virus...
  7. Installing Antivirus make your PC SLOW. My PC has Win 7 and it becam slow since i installed...

Installing Antivirus make your PC SLOW. My PC has Win 7 and it becam slow since i installed...: It is a general Question. Installing Antivirus make your PC SLOW. My PC has Win 7 and it became slow since I installed antivirus.?? what is the reason because of antivirus or because of virus?? My PC Configuration i3 5th gen 500 GB harddisk 4GB Ram Win 10...
  8. antivirus update installation problem

antivirus update installation problem: installation of windows defender is failing after downloading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-update-installation-problem/b0d2a3ab-1471-4949-bc37-6760f17da110
  9. Avira Free Antivirus 2016 Automatic Update Problem

Avira Free Antivirus 2016 Automatic Update Problem: Hi there I have got Avira running on Windows 10 home and has been great. But recently the automatic update function has stopped working. It works fine on my other surface, just my laptop seems to be having problems. Any ideas. I also have a current post on Avira...
  10. Avast Antivirus Problem

Avast Antivirus Problem: Hi, I have a desktop PC and recently installed windows10 OS Then when that was up and running I went to install an antivirus. I wasn't aware that Windows Defender was part of the package and so I went to look for an antivirus program. I like Chome browser and read that...