Windows 10: Antivirus protection

Discus and support Antivirus protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I was told that windows 10 has built in antivirus protection. Is that true and do we not need antivirus software?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BillPhillips3, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Antivirus protection

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I was told that windows 10 has built in antivirus protection. Is that true and do we not need antivirus software?

:)

BillPhillips3, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Soghpar Win User

Antivirus protection

PC antivirus protection

Hi Everyone,

I have windows 10 installed on both my laptops. Is windows defender an antivirus. Should I download a free antivirus program from the internet such as AVG free or MacAfee free? Are they safe? How can I protect my laptops from Virus and Malware?
    Any suggestions? Please reply.

Thank You

Soghpar, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Antivirus protection

1. Antivirus protection - Similar Threads - Antivirus protection

2. Windows defender antivirus and security won't turn on, neither will real time protection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender antivirus and security won't turn on, neither will real time protection.: I've run into an issue where Windows is telling me that I don't have permission to turn them on and I'm to "contact my local IT helpdesk" to get help. I've uninstalled malwarebytes and restarted, still won't turn back on, it just says "status: unkown" and keeps telling me to...
  3. Windows 10 antivirus and malware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 antivirus and malware protection: Does Windows 10 require antivirus and malware protection beyond Winodows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-antivirus-and-malware-protection/9dcc628d-6219-4e8c-af30-b46faf8c067b"
  4. Why does Windows think an organization runs my antivirus and threat protection?

Why does Windows think an organization runs my antivirus and threat protection?: I've got a lifetime license to Malwarebytes Pro, I use that as my antivirus and malware. When I go to settings I see this message that my virus and threat protection is managed by my organization. There is no organization, there is just me. So the Defender Icon has a red X on...
  5. Defender Antivirus error "protection is managed by your organization"

Defender Antivirus error "protection is managed by your organization": Windows 10 Defender Antivirus suddenly showing "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization" instead of the usual scanning options in my personal PC. Checked similar problem in forum and is not a reg value at Policies. PC scanned with Malware Bytes did not...
  6. Antivirus protection issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Antivirus protection issue: Hi, Can you help to solve the problem of my new pc for antivirus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-protection-issue/c9449ad7-af35-4a89-ae2e-00257b7a7169"
  7. antivirus protection

antivirus protection: I cannot run a virus scan I have a red message say my virus protection is controlled by my organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-protection/9f89e826-1999-4a45-93c2-aedc1ad2a658"
  8. Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed: Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed. I have avast antivirus installed on my PC, but I have found that if a third party antivirus is installed windows ransomware protection is not activated. is there a way to use windows ransomware...
  9. Windows antivirus and threat protection will not turn on.

Windows antivirus and threat protection will not turn on.: I have windows 10 and I got a message to turn on Windows Antivirus and threat protection. I went to my settings and it won't let me turn it on. It says this is run by my organization. I don't have an organization. I downloaded and ran the Microsoft malicious removal tool it...
  10. Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail

Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail: There is a one-paragraph explanation about how to disarm Security, Antivirus, and Firewall protection. I followed those steps, each one. Until "Manage Settings (or Virus and Threat Protection Settings)… I couldn't fine either of those headings. Nor could I find the very last...