Windows 10: antivirus says drivers out of date, but the computer says they are up to date

Discus and support antivirus says drivers out of date, but the computer says they are up to date in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my "Avast free" antivirus program keeps popping up, telling me that my drivers are out of date it won't update the drivers unless i "upgrade" to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by icedfate, Sep 9, 2019.

1. icedfate Win User

antivirus says drivers out of date, but the computer says they are up to date

my "Avast free" antivirus program keeps popping up, telling me that my drivers are out of date

it won't update the drivers unless i "upgrade" to a paid subscription.

when i go into my computer's settings and and go to device manager and try to update the allegedly outdated drivers, my computer comes back saying "the best drivers for your device are already installed".

the device in question is my graphics card, an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 860M.

i then tried to go to nvidia's official website and i do see the newer driver there , the specific one that Avast named and i manually downloaded it and tried to install it and my computer made an error message , preventing me from installing the updated driver.

under properties, it says the current driver is 9 months old. Nvidia's website claims to have newer drivers but my computer refuses to update the driver.

is my computer too old? is it incompatible with the newer driver?

or is my antivirus trying to scam me with false information.

i tried googling this on the web and every other answer tries to direct me to download various driver updating software, claiming that the softwares are free

but every single "free" program says the same thing , that my drivers are out of date and i have to "pay" to update them.

is this some sort of mass ransomware scam?

i didn't think Avast was malicious software, i've been using it for over a decade

for the longest time, avast was considered one of the best free antivirus programs out there.

considering this is a microsoft forum, is the built in antivirus that comes with windows 10 good enough that i don't need third party antivirus? I always assumed that the generic antivirus that comes with windows or the generic one that comes with my Internet service provider only offered minimal protection and i needed to get a more advanced program to be protected

:)

icedfate, Sep 9, 2019
  2. brummyfan Win User

Windows updates are not updating but says it's up to date

When I checked my updates in View updates, there are no updates listed but in settings it says my system is up to date,
    This is on a 10049 updated from 10041, apart from this it works reasonably well.

antivirus says drivers out of date, but the computer says they are up to date [​IMG]

antivirus says drivers out of date, but the computer says they are up to date [​IMG]

brummyfan, Sep 9, 2019
  3. notice saying "sbcglobal account settings out of date"

I have 5 email accounts and all were working fine and I had made no changes. Today, by sbcglobal.net account is not working saying account settings are out of date. I have followed all the steps and I keep getting a message saying password recovery cannot
    be done. I called the number listed on the screen whih was ATT and they were of no use. My other 4 email accounts are working just fine. WHAT IS THE ISSUE??

Thank you

KathleenMillion, Sep 9, 2019
  4. PirateBoy Win User

Upcoming PC games release dates (US)

I prefer alphabetical myself as some are totally TBA I guess. Don't know, not my list. Could even be sorted into a Genre - Release Date - Alphabetical order. Then again alphabetical is easy enough. Make some suggestions to the OP.

PirateBoy, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. antivirus says drivers out of date, but the computer says they are up to date - Similar Threads - antivirus says drivers

2. Games say my graphic drivers are out of date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games say my graphic drivers are out of date: I just installed star field from the game pass to my pc but when i tried loading it up the game wont make it past the loading screen it will close and give me an error messeage saying something about my graphic drivers are out of date. So I checked to see if i could update...
  3. Games say my graphic drivers are out of date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games say my graphic drivers are out of date: I just installed star field from the game pass to my pc but when i tried loading it up the game wont make it past the loading screen it will close and give me an error messeage saying something about my graphic drivers are out of date. So I checked to see if i could update...
  4. PC says up to date but its not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC says up to date but its not: My pc tells me its up to date however everytime I restart the computer it shows installing updates and it will install. After a day I need to restart my computer again then there is an update again that it is installing. I have Windows 10 and this process is repeating for 3...
  5. PC says up to date but its not

PC says up to date but its not: My pc tells me its up to date however everytime I restart the computer it shows installing updates and it will install. After a day I need to restart my computer again then there is an update again that it is installing. I have Windows 10 and this process is repeating for 3...
  6. PC says up to date but its not

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. email is out of date it says

email is out of date it says: the email says it is out of date ghdxukydvkuxnbsaodnf kdkndklse,;s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-is-out-of-date-it-says/4bac9a53-3441-433a-989b-42520ec70734
  8. My PC says It was Up to date, but..........

My PC says It was Up to date, but..........: My PC Runs Windows 1909. But, after i rolled back my Windows 10 from a Preview Build It shows Attention Needed and when i clicked it, it shows your PC is up to date also Showing a Red Exclamation Mark. Is this normal, or is it bad? Because I already Restarted my PC and It...
  9. Mail keeps saying out of date

Mail keeps saying out of date: I am constantly getting logged out of my email account every few days. I keep updating my password and it works for maybe 2 days then I encounter the same issue. Any ideas on how to keep logged in?...
  10. Says I'm up to date, but I'm not

Says I'm up to date, but I'm not: Windows Update tells me my laptop is up to date even though I'm trying to upgrade to version 1809 and my laptop (a Dell Inspiron 5579 2-in-1) is currently running version 1803. I admittedly had a couple of failed attempts to download 1809 on this laptop earlier, but now my...