Windows 10: antivirus scan faster and are better with defragged drive or updated drivers

Discus and support antivirus scan faster and are better with defragged drive or updated drivers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; antivirus scan faster and are better with defragged drive or updated drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Apr 18, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

antivirus scan faster and are better with defragged drive or updated drivers

:)

sanyijani, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 18, 2021
  3. defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 18, 2021
  4. antivirus scan faster and are better with defragged drive or updated drivers

Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. antivirus scan faster and are better with defragged drive or updated drivers - Similar Threads - antivirus scan faster

2. Cant scan with antivirus and antivirus stops working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant scan with antivirus and antivirus stops working: Hello, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro from USB and my Windows defender AntiVirus did not work. Today i typed sfc /scannow cmd found corrupted files and fixed it. Now my Antivirus works but i cant scan. After 5-10 minutes the threat service stops....
  3. Antivirus Scans System Drive Only

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus Scans System Drive Only: If antivirus scans only system drive, is my genshin impact game files in external hard disk will be quarantined? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-scans-system-drive-only/829d353b-1a02-46db-afad-411f1f44e28d
  4. Defraging drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Defraging drive: I have Norton Utilities and have their optimizing operation as part of my normal maintenance process. I also use the Windows 10 Optimizing utility Properties/Tools/Optimize. My question is why there is such a difference in the results? I see a fragmention of 5+% in Windows 10...
  5. Defragmenting drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defragmenting drive: So I opened the defragmenting app but it says my drives cannot be optimized, does anyone know why the drive cannot be optimized? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-drive/7fb54b9b-2e60-4c28-bbd0-5a3cd276c6d2
  6. Faster PC and Old version is better

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Faster PC and Old version is better: Hello Microsoft Community! Please help me with Ideas to make my PC faster because I'm having a problem with the performance, I searched on some websites, and I tried the control panel, it just show the balanced performance, and the task manager it didn't do anything, please...
  7. Defragment and Optimise Drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defragment and Optimise Drives: Hi All, When I go in to the services app in my Windows 10 HE, Defrag and Optimise Drives is not listed as a service. Also when I type in the search bar to bring up the app, nothing happens other than a very quick blink. I could go a cmd line, but I don't actually need to...
  8. Antivirus and Driver Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Antivirus and Driver Update: Does antivirus and driver updates come with Microsoft Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-and-driver-update/8c5a0f85-d91a-42b0-89fb-7b4161d51a44
  9. " Defragment and Optimise Drives "

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    " Defragment and Optimise Drives ": Hi, First of all, I would like to describe the laptop that I have. I have an 128gb SSD which holds the OS on it and a 1 terabyte HDD which I use for all my programs, documents, music, videos etc etc, both came with the laptop. Now I know its safe and normal to defrag a HDD...
  10. Is it better to do a DISK DEFRAG in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it better to do a DISK DEFRAG in safe mode?: Or does it matter? Which do you think would be the most effective or take the shortest time? 46903