Windows 10: Antivirus Security Questions

Discus and support Antivirus Security Questions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While I realize that this is not an antivirus forum, hopefully someone here uses or is familiar with Free Avast Antivirus since the Avast forum, is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shopper1, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Shopper1 Win User

Antivirus Security Questions

While I realize that this is not an antivirus forum, hopefully someone here uses or is familiar with Free Avast Antivirus since the Avast forum, is helpful-Please answer each question separately:

1a. Menu->Settings->Protection->Wifi Inspector.

'Network3 ' shows Public Network, 'Network' shows 'Public,' and the 'Local Area Connection' slider originally had a green checkmark enabledand showed 'Public Network' on Thurs.

However, on Fri, the LAN slider changed to a red bar disabled so I manually slid it back to green enabled.

Should the LAN slider display a green bar? If so, what does the red bar mean?

b. Wifi Inspector scans and detects for vulnerabilities automatically and in real-time-However, there is a 'Scan Network' feature-Wouldn't the manual feature be overkill or am I missing a detail?

2. Unrelated, while I realize that the URL key-lock has a red line through it when a website has an insecure connection, is it still safe to visit it? The website in question is a care home facility but no personal information is being entered I am just viewing information on the facility.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Shopper1, Jan 4, 2021
  2. Jsssssssss, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    antivirus

Windows comes with in-built Windows Defender Antivirus.

You might want to read:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4099151/windows-security-help

especially:
    Stay protected with Windows Security

Also see:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4466972/windows-10-antivirus-and-antimalware-software-faq

Whether you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus or a third party product depends on your personal preferences.

No matter on what you decide, you might want to download and run occasional scans with on-demand scanners...

Suggest reading all of
    Answers to common security questions - Best Practices

especially:

Ṣmeed, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Antivirus Security Questions

Jsssssssss, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Antivirus Security Questions

1. Antivirus Security Questions - Similar Threads - Antivirus Security Questions

2. Security question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security question: Hello, would Windows defender work together with Malwarebytes free, or would Malwarebytes stop windows defender from operating as in the message: you are using other antivirus providers? I cannot turn real time protection on. I uninstalled Malwarebytes free, but the same...
  3. Security question

Security question: Hello, I am running windows 10 and I noticed that in Virus and threat protection setting - real time protection is in off position and i cannot put it back into on position. Above it, it tells me that I am using other antivirus providers. When I click on Who is protecting me...
  4. Security Questions

Security Questions: So I have been paying for an Antivirus plan with McAfee, but my son-in-law says Microsoft 10 has it's own virus protection on board and I should not be paying for another. Is this true? Also son-in-law said I should only use Microsoft Edge for search engine, but I have always...
  5. Re:Previous question: "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus..."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re:Previous question: "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus...": Previous question: "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus..." - KB2267602 was the last defender update that installed. There is usually a daily update and there still is on my other laptop with WIndows 10 OS. Is there a known fix for this? "The other...
  6. Security questions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Security questions: I want to change the security questions for windows and I cannot. I signed in with a local account, I followed the steps but... still no results. Can you help me, please?...
  7. Security question

Security question: I just received a call from 150119190453 indicating they were microsoft and I had a hack on my IP address they ask I press one to change. seems odd. I dont think this was microsoft thx David...
  8. Security/Antivirus Protection

Security/Antivirus Protection: Lately, I had been receiving pop-up notifications that my antivirus software had expired. After ignoring them several times, I received an automated audible verbal and visible warning that my computer was contaminated and that I must contact the number on the screen 800...
  9. security question

security question: I recently had a message pop up on my computer from a company called Econosoft support. was told I needed a firewall installed. I installed it for big $$$. My question is ; did I really need this and maybe I should cancel. I already have security through my Frontier phone...
  10. Antivirus Question

Antivirus Question: Have windows 10 laptop. I know windows defender is preinstalled on it. I noticed it was basically microsoft essentials. I had avast and malwarebytes installed as well since i read these are recommended. Both are free version though. I read that however you are really suppose...