Windows 10: Antivirus solution blocks HDD controller, Windows going to repair mode during booting.

Discus and support Antivirus solution blocks HDD controller, Windows going to repair mode during booting. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10, by mistake I have blocked HDD controller through antivirus F-Secure device control feature. Now at the time of bootup, HDD is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BIJUMON_P_U, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Antivirus solution blocks HDD controller, Windows going to repair mode during booting.

I am using Windows 10, by mistake I have blocked HDD controller through antivirus F-Secure device control feature. Now at the time of bootup, HDD is blocked so that PC is going to repair mode. From repair mode, I have only command prompt access. I want to stop f-secure services from there or stop all startup programs including f-secure. How can I achieve this?. Or any other method to recover without formatting?

:)

BIJUMON_P_U, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

Can't boot to Windows - urgent solution needed

My method will take some explaining.

What you are trying to do is boot into safe mode: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option1 but you can't because windows won't start so, follow option six here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option6 to force the boot to allow you to go to the advanced options, at the bottom of option 6 step 4 it shows a screenshot where you can click on the See Advanced Repair Options button.

From there hopefully you can finish the boot into safe mode to reverse the driver install. In option one step 6 of the safe mode tutorial I would choose 4 or F4 to enter safe mode. If 4 doesn't work then try F4, the option to choose either one first is entirely yours.

Related:
    • There's a lot of option ones and sixes with a 4 and F4 thrown in so you may want to review the steps.
    • I'm unsure why the Safe Mode tutorial link is showing the word in, in the link, there's nothing showing in the parsing, but it will take you to option one step 1.

3. tomba2k Win User
    AMD data change.......no boot up problem

1st: go to bios, check boot device TYPE priority (cdrom/hdd/etc.)
    then, go to hard disk drives (still under boot category), and check if your system hard drive is at 1st place (IF you have more than 1 hdd)
    2nd: if your bios boot settings are OK, run windows 7 installation disc, go to repair your system, run fixmbr and fixboot options (i think they are at same option on windows 7 repair - startup repair or something like that)
    3rd: if your windows 7 installation disc cannot find your windows 7 installation, reinstall it, but take care - you may have bad sectors on your hdd

please, go step by step, and dont read 3rd step warning before you try 1st and 2nd xD

you can also disable "LAN boot ROM" option under "integrated devices" bios category to never see that meesage again (at least 3 NVIDIA Boot Agent lines xD )

tomba2k, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Antivirus solution blocks HDD controller, Windows going to repair mode during booting.

Windows 10 HDD not booting stuck on repair mode and black screen

I recently purchase a new gaming pc and installed windows 10 on the HDD that came with it. I also updated my HDD for my laptop and took the old HDD from my laptop and installed it on my gaming pc. I was able to run the laptop HDD a couple of times to access
    files for college and then notice that I could access the files via through the gaming pc HDD. The laptop old HDD is partition with linux. I recently access that old laptop HDD and Windows sent a message on screen that something is wrong and automatically
    repaired itself. Rebooted then loaded the new gaming pc HDD, so I restarted and booted the old laptop HDD that was needed repaired but was stuck on repair mode. So I rebooted with shift pressed down and entered the troubleshoot mode and did everything underneath
    the sun, like repair image, USB ISO repair, reset windows keeping files but kept me from repair as stating that it was unable to perform task. I worked on this for a week and during my analyst I found that I'm in X: file so I cd C:\ to access the file and
    I'm able to look at them. I did bootrec /rebuildbcd and states that system could not file specified. Now currently I'm running a chkdsk /r C: and shows a lot of corrupt attribute record deleted.

FYI, I want to be able to boot to gaming pc HDD and access the other HDD with permission as I'm the only user to access that HDD and be able to boot into my linux stuff.

Arcopolous, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Antivirus solution blocks HDD controller, Windows going to repair mode during booting.

1. Antivirus solution blocks HDD controller, Windows going to repair mode during booting. - Similar Threads - Antivirus solution blocks

2. Laptop stuck on boot screen and can’t go into advanced repair mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on boot screen and can’t go into advanced repair mode: Hi there. Basically I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop and was downloading some of the optional updates and restarted the laptop to ensure nothing goes wrong.Unfortunately, now it is stuck on the Lenovo start screen with the circles, meaning I can’t start my laptop anymore.I’ve seen...
  3. Laptop stuck on boot screen and can’t go into advanced repair mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck on boot screen and can’t go into advanced repair mode: Hi there. Basically I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop and was downloading some of the optional updates and restarted the laptop to ensure nothing goes wrong.Unfortunately, now it is stuck on the Lenovo start screen with the circles, meaning I can’t start my laptop anymore.I’ve seen...
  4. Laptop stuck on boot screen and can’t go into advanced repair mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. is window blocking my antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is window blocking my antivirus: I recently tried to upgrade to the latest version of my anti virus I use trend micro and each time i do i am stopped with this popup I click the install anyway button but tis greyed out and nothing happens. i click the others too and same thing nothing happens. is there a...
  6. Does Windows Defender Antivirus supports audit mode instead of blocking mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Windows Defender Antivirus supports audit mode instead of blocking mode?: I want to enable antivirus only in auditing mode so all threats are logged but not blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-windows-defender-antivirus-supports-audit/17a97864-d3c3-4644-9839-fd52decc0e7c
  7. Stuck in repairing during boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in repairing during boot: Can't boot my system. Keeps saying that it's trying to repair my system, then fails. I have tried uninstalling updates, restore points, and refreshing. I made a bootable usb and am trying the startup repairs but it can't find the c:\boot folder. It doesn't seem to see a...
  8. External USB HDD going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External USB HDD going to sleep mode: I don't understand why Microsoft refuses to address this problem in Windows 10. It's an old problem and all the answers from Microsoft are vague and send us around things that people have already tried and it does not solve the problem. Just look at the blogs of the...
  9. Avast antivirus solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Avast antivirus solution: How Can I Fix Avast Antivirus Error 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast-antivirus-solution/9cef230e-4f8d-45ca-ab3e-dc847220bc28
  10. Windows To Go on a USB 3.0 HDD not booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows To Go on a USB 3.0 HDD not booting: I've been trying to boot the Windows 10 Technical Preview (W2G) from a USB 3 attached hard drive with no success. My BIOS complies when I tell it to boot from the USB device, also, Windows starts to boot, and from the LED on my HDD I can tell that it is running at USB 3...