Windows 10: antivirus warning about Windows applications (taskhostw, devicecensus) demanding access to...

Discus and support antivirus warning about Windows applications (taskhostw, devicecensus) demanding access to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Since 2-3 months antivirus (eset) throws warnings like below: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I want to block them but although this option is selected both... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RRYJ, Oct 28, 2018.

1. RRYJ Win User

antivirus warning about Windows applications (taskhostw, devicecensus) demanding access to...

Hi,

Since 2-3 months antivirus (eset) throws warnings like below:

antivirus warning about Windows applications (taskhostw, devicecensus) demanding access to... 8d4ad055-014a-45fa-b53b-1ed7a4cb0810?upload=true.png antivirus warning about Windows applications (taskhostw, devicecensus) demanding access to... 6dbf8c16-72df-4733-8418-0bf0904b2bd7?upload=true.png

I want to block them but although this option is selected both applications still attempt to access the camera. Why is it happening? How can I switch them not to access the camera?

Regards

Radek

:)

2. PRince4 Win User

taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this :

antivirus warning about Windows applications (taskhostw, devicecensus) demanding access to... [​IMG]

PRince4, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Wynona Win User

I did a search for taskhostw exe and found the following:

antivirus warning about Windows applications (taskhostw, devicecensus) demanding access to... [​IMG]

That's a lot of 'em!

Wynona, Oct 28, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

antivirus warning about Windows applications (taskhostw, devicecensus) demanding access to...

Mine is signed Microsoft Windows:

And, so is Taskmgr.exe:

And, SearchUI.exe:

So probably not a false flag signature on taskhostw.exe.

f14tomcat, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

1. antivirus warning about Windows applications (taskhostw, devicecensus) demanding access to... - Similar Threads - antivirus warning applications

2. about every antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about every antivirus: Antivirus programs, like Microsoft's, stop me from getting the real Matrix 9. I have to turn off all antiviruses to install it. Why not make a version that doesn't make antiviruses think it's a problem?...
  3. about every antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about every antivirus: Antivirus programs, like Microsoft's, stop me from getting the real Matrix 9. I have to turn off all antiviruses to install it. Why not make a version that doesn't make antiviruses think it's a problem?...
  4. Missing DeviceCensus Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing DeviceCensus Service: Hello Community,I am a little bit confused at the moment. I am currently experiencing some errors with my Windows 11. Upon examining the available services, I noticed that certain services are missing descriptions, such as the "McpManagementService" for example. After...
  5. Missing DeviceCensus Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing DeviceCensus Service: Hello Community,I am a little bit confused at the moment. I am currently experiencing some errors with my Windows 11. Upon examining the available services, I noticed that certain services are missing descriptions, such as the "McpManagementService" for example. After...
  6. Warning: Found "Feature On Demand" Dismissible Hard Block

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Warning: Found "Feature On Demand" Dismissible Hard Block: Upon running the setupdiag tool, I got the following warning."This is a dismissible compatibility message when not running setup.exe in "/quiet" mode.Consider specifying "/compat IgnoreWarning" to ignore these dismissible warnings when running in /quiet mode. For more...
  7. Warning about Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Warning about Onedrive: Onedrive MOVES files and folders (even from other partitions) and place them in a new folder called "Onedrive" in the C: partition. I decided to use onedrive, I figured it was a good way to store docs and files I use on several pc's and phones when out of office. Soon...
  8. taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041
  9. taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041
  10. False Antivirus Expiration Warnings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False Antivirus Expiration Warnings: I use NOD32 antivirus and my subscription was going to expire in a week so Windows started notifying me through its action center. At the 2 day mark I renewed my subscription but for the last week Windows is still telling me my antivirus will expire in 2 days, its 2 days,...