Windows 10: antivirus

Discus and support antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do I need antivirus for windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/antivirus/34f2036b-a3e5-40c5-bd12-39f83c4fc2c4" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DanNystrom, Sep 8, 2018.

1. antivirus

Do I need antivirus for windows 10 ?

:)

DanNystrom, Sep 8, 2018

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Jetster Win User

antivirus

Jetster, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

antivirus

1. antivirus - Similar Threads - antivirus

2. 2 Antivirus Subscriptions from 2 different accounts: Which one is best

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    2 Antivirus Subscriptions from 2 different accounts: Which one is best: I have CenturyLink as my Internet Service Provider and DISH as my Cable TV provider. Both companies offer virus protection. CenturyLink offers Norton and DISH offers Webroot SecureAnywhere. I know and realize that this has been asked numerous times before. But which...
  3. Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus: I have later AVG virus software working ok but I cant find a way of deleting the previous 2015 version and it is apparently blocking my internet access, according to windows 10 diagnosis. How can I cure this problem please?...
  4. What antivirus is best for Windows 10 Home

What antivirus is best for Windows 10 Home: Hello, Please be sure to tell me what antivirus I recommend to install it, but I want the antivirus not to consume too much resource. I mention that I have checked on the AV-Test and AV-Comparatives sites and the antivirus that is embedded in Windows 10 Home, Windows Defender...
  5. Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?

Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?: Hi, I just formatted my pc and I installed avast antivirus, now I don't know if it is running alongside windows defender or not. Here 2 images [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, in the first image it shows as enabled but in the other image it only shows avast. So, am I...
  6. What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?

What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?: I have tried four and all four have tried one way or another to screw up my computer either they mess with the start up or try to dismantle my webcam these antivirus security programs do more damage than viruses. these programs have cost me money to repair my laptop and one...
  7. Window 10 Antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Antivirus: My windows antivirus has been disabled due to another antivirus that I had on but now deleted. I can not re enable please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-antivirus/261a0daa-6306-4b27-946d-084c627e8f76
  8. unable to install McAfee Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to install McAfee Antivirus: I bought HP HP Notebook - 14s-df0004tu, it comes 1yr free McAfee Antivirus Internet security. but when I install I got following error msg " Secure by design To keep you safer, only verified apps from the Microsoft Store can be installed on this PC " whether I able to...
  9. antivirus protection for surface pro 2

antivirus protection for surface pro 2: Should I add an additional antivirus protection program to my new Surface pro 2 laptop? I know it comes with windows defender and I wasn't sure if that was enough?...
  10. Antivirus is showing msi.dll file as virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Antivirus is showing msi.dll file as virus: My Quick heal antivirus is showing C:\Windows\SysWOW64|\msi.dll as virus. Everytime on startup and even on logging in it prompts the warning notification.. Its happening after i updated my windows recently.. [ATTACH]...