Windows 10: Antivirus

Discus and support Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why does Defender not stay turned off. I turn it off and when I go back to reset it, it is already back on. I don't know how long it stays off. Is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by huffman, Jun 1, 2019.

1. huffman Win User

Antivirus

Why does Defender not stay turned off. I turn it off and when I go back to reset it, it is already back on.

I don't know how long it stays off. Is there anything I am missing by just click the icon to turn it off?

:)

huffman, Jun 1, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Jun 1, 2019
  4. kath_986 Win User

Antivirus

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Antivirus

1. Antivirus - Similar Threads - Antivirus

2. Is there a lightweight Windows XP antivirus...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a lightweight Windows XP antivirus...: .....that I can install without any internet connection on the computer that I want to install it to? 134914
  3. CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION GUARD WITH THIRD PARTY ANTIVIRUS

CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION GUARD WITH THIRD PARTY ANTIVIRUS: I want to use windows defender application guard with third party antivirus kaspersky total security 2019. . I already disabled windows defender gpo permanently to avoid conflicts . so my windows is running with windows 10 1903 64bit 18362.175 together with...
  4. Is there a lightweight Windows XP antivirus...

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a lightweight Windows XP antivirus...: .....that I can install without any internet connection on the computer that I want to install it to? 134914
  5. Windows Update is attempting to update Windows Defender Antivirus to an older version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update is attempting to update Windows Defender Antivirus to an older version: Hello, I have a question about cancelling updates in my Windows Update. Ever since I updated to the new version of Windows to look at the new Xbox Beta stuff discussed at this year's E3, my computer has been struggling with updates. Namely, it has been trying to install an...
  6. Use other than Defender for antivirus

Use other than Defender for antivirus: I am just curious how many people disable Defender and install another antivirus!! 134425
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated

Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated: Hi, I purchased the MSO Office home and could not activate my Windows Defender Antivirus. Tried searching the net for answers and tried different ways but to no avail. Home someone form MS could help me. Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  8. Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.295.93.0) -...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.295.93.0) -...: update failed how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/definition-update-for-windows-defender-antivirus/0dfbb5e8-ac4b-4848-bbe6-66932c7d84bd
  9. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: So, i downloaded a virus, have been trying to get rid of it for days now, its taken hold of my antivirus, windows defender for Windows 10, it says "your antivirus is managed by your organization" can anyone help? i have no idea what to do, im trying to download a 2nd...