Windows 10: Antivirus

Discus and support Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello my friends, I'm currently a tad bit paranoid over the safety of my pc. I have malwarebytes, avast and windows defender active. Every boot time... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hrmmmm, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:07 AM.

1. Hrmmmm Win User

Antivirus

Hello my friends, I'm currently a tad bit paranoid over the safety of my pc.

I have malwarebytes, avast and windows defender active. Every boot time scan of avast shows that there are no threats, every malwarebytes full scan shows no threats. Windows defender offline scan and full scan also shows no threats. Is there anything else I should do?

Cheers.

:)

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:09 AM
  3. Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

4. kath_986 Win User

Antivirus

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

Thema:

Antivirus

1. Antivirus - Similar Threads - Antivirus

2. Segurazo antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Segurazo antivirus: I have it on my pc I can't delete it cause I need perms from administrator and their uninstaller says you need to restart the pc but after I do it just stays installed and I can't uninstall it no matter how much I try....
  3. How to uninstall Avast Antivirus if it does not show in the list of apps on the PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to uninstall Avast Antivirus if it does not show in the list of apps on the PC: I have Windows 10 Pro N, version 1803. For the last few days Windows is trying to install an update, but states the following: Uninstall Avast Antivirus now because it is not compatible with Windows 10. If I follow the steps: Settings > Apps and Features ; Avast does not show...
  4. Windows Updates Turn off my Chosen Antivirus Program

Windows Updates Turn off my Chosen Antivirus Program: I have an issue that's been going on since the 1903 Windows update. Every time Windows 10 updates now, it automatically turns OFF my Avast antivirus and turns ON Windows Defender or the native Windows antivirus. It doesn't ask, it just turns Avast OFF. Avast will run normally...
  5. windows 10 unable to upgrade due to AVG antivirus app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 unable to upgrade due to AVG antivirus app: hello, I have tried severally to upgrade to windows 10 v.1903. however, a dialogue box opens prompting me to uninstall AVG antivirus first before proceeding. I. do not have the app installed in my hardware, how do I resolve this issue? please help....
  6. Antivirus selection

Antivirus selection: I deleted msmpeng.exe in regedit as I was told it was malware. I haven't been able to use the windows defender offline scan feature since, I'm met with it loading, a screen flashing for a second then the system resetting. Is there any way to restore this? And will avast...
  7. antivirus protection

antivirus protection: I cannot run a virus scan I have a red message say my virus protection is controlled by my organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-protection/9f89e826-1999-4a45-93c2-aedc1ad2a658"
  8. MetaDefender ICAP with Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 News
    MetaDefender ICAP with Windows Defender Antivirus: In partnership with OPSWAT’s MetaDefender Advanced Threat Prevention Platform, antivirus scanning in Windows Defender Antivirus is now available for on-premises and hybrid cloud Internet Content Adaptation Protocol (ICAP) scanning. We recognize that many organizations need...
  9. Can't upgrade to Win10 build 1809 due to old Avira antivirus install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade to Win10 build 1809 due to old Avira antivirus install.: I have a laptop that has had Window10 on it for quite a while. However, there is a new build of Windows 10 called 1809 that I can't upgrade to on that particular laptop. During the upgrade, it detects old traces of Avira and stops the upgrade saying I have to remove it before...
  10. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: In this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/troubleshoot-windows-defender-antivirus. According to the the mentioned link the generated events should be displayed at the following location in the Event Viewer:-...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 wont install due to avg antivirus