Windows 10: Antivirus

Discus and support Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For years I an using Windows Defender and do not want to install any other software. While installing an app AVEST was suddenly installed. I am trying... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AslamSherwani, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Antivirus

For years I an using Windows Defender and do not want to install any other software. While installing an app AVEST was suddenly installed. I am trying to delete. As soon as I click on Administer permission An AVEST,page opens asking to repair or update program , and it is not deleted. How to remove i from PC. or switch dff/Disabled.

:)

AslamSherwani, Jan 22, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Jan 22, 2020
  4. kath_986 Win User

Antivirus

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Antivirus

1. Antivirus - Similar Threads - Antivirus

2. cant install any antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant install any antivirus: Hi I had SuperAnti spyware trial installed, but then decided to remove it....got stuck on the uninstall 30% so used Revo uninstaller and removed recommnded `traces`....also getting annoying `Norton renew your licemce ` pop up Ad window, every so often in firefox, not sure if...
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update: Hello. I am here with another problem with my laptop. I am using Windows 10 build 1809 too. I want to install build 1909, but as I do so, it does say Windows Defender is pending an update, and after lots of minutes, even almost an hour, it gets stuck on: "Security...
  4. Antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Antivirus: Are antiviruses like AVG antivirus and Bytefence alrady downloaded in windows 10 pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus/3ca738dd-2f73-4861-bd7d-7d6d65167b9d
  5. Antivirus protection

Antivirus protection: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I was told that windows 10 has built in antivirus protection. Is that true and do we not need antivirus software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-protection/1b628b50-ee9d-4f63-b319-1829af4ea117"
  6. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.309.970.0...

Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.309.970.0...: [ATTACH] Also, I have meet this problem at the same time [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-for-windows-defender/0db8a69e-e454-4b4f-93dc-18d9d559091b"
  7. Free Antivirus Scams everytime i try to download something

Free Antivirus Scams everytime i try to download something: I upgraded to windows 10 after I heard windows 7 is shutting down.Unfortunately there is big problem.Everytime I try to download something that is not from official site,wizard opens and tries to make me download some free antivirus software.Here is an example: !I downloaded...
  8. Window defender AntiVirus

Window defender AntiVirus: Can anyone tell me how to turn on Antivirus in latest version of Windows...…….There is no Manage setting button displaying in virus and threats Protection...…….But instead there is button with name Manage provider where it is stated that Antivirus is turned off....
  9. is eset endpoint antivirus decent?

is eset endpoint antivirus decent?: i bought my Dell Latitude E7440 with eset endpoint antivirus installed. i bought the laptop from an IT technician who just upgraded the company he works for to new laptops. it has version 1903 of windows 10 pro, office 2019, and eset endpoint antivirus installed, the specs of...
  10. Need help with an antivirus and anti spam scanner

Need help with an antivirus and anti spam scanner: Split from this thread. Hi Everyone i don't know if this is the right place to ask for help can anyone help me with an antivirus & anti spam scanner . i am getting more & more blasted spam than i am proper emails i am not a young person i can be classified as a senior...