Windows 10: Antivirus

Discus and support Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is windows Defender is better than free antivirus software in terms of virus and scam protection?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FarhanKhan021998, May 8, 2020.

1. Antivirus

Is windows Defender is better than free antivirus software in terms of virus and scam protection?

:)

FarhanKhan021998, May 8, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, May 8, 2020
  3. Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, May 8, 2020
  4. kath_986 Win User

Antivirus

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Antivirus

1. Antivirus - Similar Threads - Antivirus

2. Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?!: Hello, I have KIS and it always running on, but I still get this notification maybe twice or more in a the day !! What's wrong ? [img] 157118
  3. Antivirus for laptop

Antivirus for laptop: hey i need a help in protecting my laptop firstly when i purchased this laptop i got 1 month free and now it has expire so should i renew it or not Secondly, Should I purchase bitdefender antivirus Thirdly, Does windows defender is capable as compare to other antivirus. What...
  4. Is windows defender sufficient or is it just a resource hog? Am I using the wrong antivirus?

Is windows defender sufficient or is it just a resource hog? Am I using the wrong antivirus?: Is windows defender a sufficient malware defense solution? How would a Microsoft representative answer that question? ie what am I missing? Considering it's resource consumption, it should be more than sufficient. Im guessing it takes an average of 25% of system...
  5. It shows up everytime I boot my pc. Can't find anything in target folder and antivirus...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It shows up everytime I boot my pc. Can't find anything in target folder and antivirus...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/islandnstuff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gncfm2/it_shows_up_everytime_i_boot_my_pc_cant_find/
  6. Avast AntiVirus Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Avast AntiVirus Bug: Hi team, I have been facing this problem from yesterday, Avast anti virus installing automatically , I didn't even download the setup and I am pretty much sure I uninstalled the Anti virus yesterday but When I logged in today the anti virus program was there , I have Mcfee...
  7. Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware?

Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware?: Alright, so, I have a few questions. I'm on Windows 7, and I have a multitude of malware scanners, such as Malware Bytes, Avast, and Hitman Pro, and a few browser/startup scanners. Recently, Hitman Pro has discovered three .dll files under the name FS.dll and it is...
  8. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus: Hi, I have these messages in windows update history: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 Version 1.313.2340.0 Failed to install on 4/25/2020 - 0x8024000b KB2267602 Version 1.313.2261.0 Failed to install on 4/24/2020 - 0x8024000b...
  9. Windows Antivirus not allowing me to take action

Windows Antivirus not allowing me to take action: Hello, I ran an antivirus scan with Windows Defender and it found a threat, more specifically it says it is a "VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.XZ". I tried to take action using the action slide bar and tried both removing it and quarantining it, but clicking on either just closed...
  10. how do I resolve failure of Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform -...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I resolve failure of Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform -...: I had to reset windows to resolve BSOD. Failure of Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version 4.18.2001.10 Support documentation is not clear on resolving. Thank you...