Windows 10: Antivirus

Discus and support Antivirus in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Which antivirus software is lighter: Avira Free or Bitdefender Free Edition ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gitkerl1234, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Antivirus

Which antivirus software is lighter: Avira Free or Bitdefender Free Edition ?

:)

gitkerl1234, Oct 13, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Oct 13, 2020
  4. kath_986 Win User

Antivirus

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Antivirus

1. Antivirus - Similar Threads - Antivirus

2. Configuration, search, roblox and antivirus dont work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Configuration, search, roblox and antivirus dont work: Hello i need help with something, yesterday roblox wouldnt open, so i tried searching in the search menu, the search didnt work, i tried doing a reset, didnt work today i tried to play roblox and same thing, but this time i tried uninstalling roblox to install it again and...
  3. How to exclude files from antivirus or firewall?

How to exclude files from antivirus or firewall?: Hi, anytime I try to exclude some folders in the virus protection settings, I’ll get to the point where I choose the folder I want to add and I’m click yes when it asks if I want the program to make changes to make my computer and nothing will happen. The exclusion list just...
  4. Advise on antivirus

Advise on antivirus: Welp, i was doing some cleanup and i want my system to run efficienlty. So i decided to uninstall stuff and that, i see that avast on my pc is really pushing somethings my poor cpu and HDD, so i decided to uninstalled.. not yet. I have some question firts: 1.-¿How i...
  5. AVG antivirus program blocking Microsoft Store app from launching.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AVG antivirus program blocking Microsoft Store app from launching.: Hi, I've just acquired a laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Pro which among other apps, has the Microsoft store app. But after downloading and installing the AVG internet security, the Microsoft Store app can't launch and keep on loading. I'm not sure if any other apps or...
  6. Windows Antivirus Will not allow me to to add exclusions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Antivirus Will not allow me to to add exclusions.: I go to Windows Security/Virus and threat protection/manage settings/Exclusions I hit add exclusion, select the folder I want to exclude then hit ok. It then makes me grant admin rights and then nothing happens I am the only account and it is admin. There is nothing on the...
  7. No Microsoft Defender Antivirus provider after all other antivirus software is carefully...

No Microsoft Defender Antivirus provider after all other antivirus software is carefully...: I have removed all McAfee and MalwareBytes software using their software removal tools and was able to get the Microsoft Defender AntiVirus working on a single restart, but now it says there are no providers. Have can I activate Microsoft Defender Antivirus? I have already...
  8. Which free Antivirus is the best for your computer?

Which free Antivirus is the best for your computer?: So, having an antivirus helps you a lot either it protecting your pc from malware or it to clean your pc. A good antivirus helps you in both. Today I'll be telling you the best antivirus you can use for free that work better than paid one in many cases. you can also see the...
  9. Antivirus not disabled

Antivirus not disabled: Windows Defender Antivirus is still running, both in services, in the security menu, and the Antimalware Service Executable. Even though I have it disabled in group policy, and it was disabled for a while, not sure what happened. And yes, tamper protection is turned off. The...
  10. Can't find virus using the full path provided by antivirus software

Can't find virus using the full path provided by antivirus software: My Antivirus software detected a virus. However, the problem is unable to be fixed. The full path of the virus is C:\Users\All Users\SAntivirus\b\SAntivirusIC.exe When I tried to open the file using the path provided by the antivirus software, I couldn't. When I opened the...