Windows 10: Antivirus

Discus and support Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is my pc really safer with additional antivirus installed, since then no longer have the protections that come with windows defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DDK105, Jun 10, 2021.

1. DDK105 Win User

Antivirus

Is my pc really safer with additional antivirus installed, since then no longer have the protections that come with windows defender

:)

DDK105, Jun 10, 2021

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Jun 10, 2021
  4. kath_986 Win User

Antivirus

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Antivirus

1. Antivirus - Similar Threads - Antivirus

2. How can I get off of Microsoft Security antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I get off of Microsoft Security antivirus: Split from this thread.I AM PUNITH BISWAKARMA HOW CAN I OFF MICROSOFT SECURITY ANTI VIRUS I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-off-of-microsoft-security-antivirus/a57975fd-7705-403e-87af-2323aeef0bce
  3. Install antivirus for the first time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install antivirus for the first time: I have a doubt that my system has some virus. So i have decided to install antivirus. But i dont know how. Can you please help me out to install step by step...
  4. Windows 10 PC. Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now.

Windows 10 PC. Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now.: Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now but PC has not been right since the first of the year so I'm thinking of uninstalling it....
  5. Process Explorer detects viruses but Antivirus dosen't

Process Explorer detects viruses but Antivirus dosen't: I downloaded Process Explorer to see why System was using up a lot of my CPU. In the program you can make it so that programs currently running are scanned by TotalVirus.com. After enabling this feature I saw that a number of programs, like games, processes, and system apps...
  6. Antivirus account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Antivirus account: Hi.. I have a question here about my antivirus program.So just a few hours back before my antivirus was still working. It still had 443 days left . I bought the antivirus and still had 443 days left to end.But if I reset my pc, the antivirus will be gone from my pc but will...
  7. WinDefend Windows Defender Antivirus Service occupies too much, do you have any solutions?

WinDefend Windows Defender Antivirus Service occupies too much, do you have any solutions?: WinDefend Windows Defender Antivirus Service occupies too high, usually more than 200M sometimes 600-800M, do you have any solutions? Doesn't Microsoft have a solution? I saw a lot of methods on the Internet and I was talking nonsense! Others are still confirming copy and...
  8. Windows Defender Antivirus Antimalware Platform - Update Issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender Antivirus Antimalware Platform - Update Issues: Using Windows 10 I have found it difficult recently to instal the normal definitions and the associated "Windows Defender Antivirus Antimalware Platform" KB 4052623 by the automatic method. I have four Windows 10 machines and eventually got them all to accept the updates. I...
  9. My laptop is infected, but Windows defender or other antivirus don't detect anything

My laptop is infected, but Windows defender or other antivirus don't detect anything: HELP!Something is using my RAM in a very excessive amount. I only have like 4 GB and it's literally using 3.6 GB of it while there is nothing running. I noticed this because when I opened Minecraft, it showed an enormous lag, and it crashed. When I checked the Task manager,...
  10. Not able to turn on windows defender antivirus

Not able to turn on windows defender antivirus: Recently I have uninstalled an antivirus software and now when I am trying to turn on my windows defender antivirus it does not respond.What should I do ?...