Windows 10: antivirus

Discus and support antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Bitdefender installed but I'm trying to isolate a problem with Win 10 randomly crashing, so wish to disable it and use Windows Antivirus instead... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by stormthedog, Jun 22, 2022.

1. antivirus

I have Bitdefender installed but I'm trying to isolate a problem with Win 10 randomly crashing, so wish to disable it and use Windows Antivirus instead to see if Bitdefender is the cause. However, I cannot turn Defender Antivirus on in it's place - see pic. Even when Bitdefender is turned off, Windows still thinks it's in use and stays in passive mode. How do I turn Defender Virus on without uninstalling Bitdefender?

:)

stormthedog, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

antivirus

1. antivirus - Similar Threads - antivirus

2. 3rd party antivirus is turned on but windows defender is turned on to.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus is turned on but windows defender is turned on to.: Hi Microsoft i have a problem with Windows defender that say microsoft defneder is turned on and my 3rd party antivirus is turned on. normally my 3rd party antivirus is turned on and microsoft defender is turned off but for some reason microsoft defender turns on when my 3rd...
  3. My Windows can't remove an antivirus.

My Windows can't remove an antivirus.: When i go to the Windows protection at my pc , i can see that he is not being used , so i came to my configurations and there was "avira" my old antivirus , and i can't remove it of the main protection , i want to activate windows as my protection , but my pc says avira is...
  4. Solved - How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

Solved - How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services, renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  5. Windows 11 - Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not update

Windows 11 - Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not update: I have seen where there is an issue with Windows 10 and Defender not updating. I have the same problem with Windows 11. When I try to update I get error code 80070714. I have tried a multitude of fixes but nothing seems to work....
  6. Defender Antivirus is disabled by IT admin

Defender Antivirus is disabled by IT admin: Hi i have a problem where I cant access the protection against viruses part of defender and it says that it was disabled by IT admin but I am the admin. What should i do?...
  7. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  8. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  9. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

10. Question about Comodo Antivirus Update

Question about Comodo Antivirus Update: If after comodo antivirus and firewall updated, I scared it will ruin my genshin game preinstallation and updates as new genshin version zip files will come inside my genshin impact folder. I don't want it quarantine genshin new version zip files will come inside genshin...