Windows 10: Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard

Discus and support Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sir, I am using Windows 10 PC. But, wherever I put my laptop, ants attack my internal keyboard. They just cut the rubber layer under the keys, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Debarghya_Acharya_640, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard

Sir, I am using Windows 10 PC. But, wherever I put my laptop, ants attack my internal keyboard. They just cut the rubber layer under the keys, after that some of the keys doesn't work anymore. My keyboard was badly autotyping. Because of the ants, I have ordered two new keyboards in the last three months. No covers can protect them. I have changed the location but no difference was made. Also, I never eat around my laptop. Please suggest me how can I get rid of them. Because I am devastated right now.

:)

Debarghya_Acharya_640, Sep 11, 2019

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Need to stop Keyboard & Mousepad while laptop using in Tablet mode

Step 1:

Press Windows key + X, and select Device Manager.

Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.

Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable.

If there is no Disable option listed, click Uninstall.

Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.

Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure in
    order to uninstall it again.

Step 2:

Press Windows key + X, and select Device Manager.

Click to expand Mice and other pointing devices.

Right click the touchpad and click Disable.

Andre for Directly, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard

1. Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard - Similar Threads - Ants destroyed Laptop's

2. Ant-virus Mcafee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ant-virus Mcafee: Installer McAfee Total protection sur ce pc Clef # 97C42N72SZC4YZW *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ant-virus-mcafee/e5eec3a3-ab82-4851-a998-efd252347266
  3. Destroyed my laptop...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Destroyed my laptop...: I am disabled and accidently fell on my Dell laptop cracking the screen and bending the casing out of whack. The hard drive is still good. I just ordered a new laptop and want to install my old SSD drive into the new machine. It is a 2TB drive. I am sure the new machine...
  4. How do I completely "destroy" my laptop's internal keyboard without physically opening the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I completely "destroy" my laptop's internal keyboard without physically opening the...: I hate using the keyboard this laptop came with. The arrow keys are missing and barely function, while the rest of the keys are stuck. (They work, just not well at all.) I don't want to use the internal keyboard, rather the USB Logitech one I have. However, when I place it on...
  5. English International Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    English International Keyboard: I had this in Windows 7 but do not find it in Windows 10. I tried the Spanish keyboard however it does not work. I have checked my settings agains the instructions and still it does not work. Can you please help me_ I just purchased Windows 10....
  6. international keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    international keyboard: After reading the MANY other posts about users having no luck using the Windows 10 version of the international keyboard and MANY of those posts not having been responded to, I found different places where we're told to Add a Keyboard and then hit the Windows key and space...
  7. Windows update destroyed my laptop.

Windows update destroyed my laptop.: So last night I got a message that I needed to update. I clicked to update and the whole screen went black. Nothing works. If I turn it on there are 8 beeps. I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned, if company's product breaks something, I expect them to fix or replace....
  8. Laptop Destroyed by Windows 10 Update

Laptop Destroyed by Windows 10 Update: Apparently my laptop updated while I left it unattended, and now I get error message no matter what I try. It says my computer needs to be repaired---missing file : Windows\system32\winload.efi. Error OXC0000225. Now, here's the fun part: I cannot bypass this error no...
  9. Windows 10 Installation completely destroyed laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Installation completely destroyed laptop: Hi all I have a DELL Inspiron laptop (17R 5737) which was originally running Windows 8 (and later 8.1) with all updates installed. I tried upgrading to Windows 10 and I had a few installation errors but on the 6th try it worked because I chose not to keep my...
  10. Upgrade Destroyed my Laptop

Upgrade Destroyed my Laptop: About a fortnight ago, there were upgrades waiting to be installed. I was about to close my laptop and it said that it would do the upgrades then shut down, so I left it and went to bed. The laptop was off next morning but I didn't use it. My son (IT Programmer) came home...