Windows 10: Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard

Discus and support Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sir, I am using Windows 10 PC. But, wherever I put my laptop, ants attack my internal keyboard. They just cut the rubber layer under the keys, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Debarghya_Acharya_640, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard

Sir, I am using Windows 10 PC. But, wherever I put my laptop, ants attack my internal keyboard. They just cut the rubber layer under the keys, after that some of the keys doesn't work anymore. My keyboard was badly autotyping. Because of the ants, I have ordered two new keyboards in the last three months. No covers can protect them. I have changed the location but no difference was made. Also, I never eat around my laptop. Please suggest me how can I get rid of them. Because I am devastated right now.

:)

Debarghya_Acharya_640, Sep 11, 2019

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Need to stop Keyboard & Mousepad while laptop using in Tablet mode

Step 1:

Press Windows key + X, and select Device Manager.

Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.

Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable.

If there is no Disable option listed, click Uninstall.

Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.

Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure in
    order to uninstall it again.

Step 2:

Press Windows key + X, and select Device Manager.

Click to expand Mice and other pointing devices.

Right click the touchpad and click Disable.

Andre for Directly, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard

1. Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard - Similar Threads - Ants destroyed Laptop's

2. International keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    International keyboard: The latest up date of bindows 10 brok my international keyboard which I need https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/international-keyboard/52255fa8-f980-4b34-b21c-2b5f1a15a9e7
  3. International keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    International keyboard: The latest up date of bindows 10 brok my international keyboard which I need https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/international-keyboard/52255fa8-f980-4b34-b21c-2b5f1a15a9e7
  4. Internal laptop keyboard keeps connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal laptop keyboard keeps connecting/disconnecting: Hello,The internal keyboard on my laptop Dell XPS 15 keeps connecting/disconnecting. Is there a fix to this? My windows is up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-laptop-keyboard-keeps/ada47aaa-e24c-4cf1-9940-3338558157f5
  5. Internal laptop keyboard keeps connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal laptop keyboard keeps connecting/disconnecting: Hello,The internal keyboard on my laptop Dell XPS 15 keeps connecting/disconnecting. Is there a fix to this? My windows is up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-laptop-keyboard-keeps/ada47aaa-e24c-4cf1-9940-3338558157f5
  6. Can't disable internal keyboard of Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't disable internal keyboard of Laptop: Hi,I can't disable my laptop keyboard. I tried uninstalling the keyboard driver, installed unsupported drivers. but after every restart, the keyboard driver gets automatically installed. Also, I don't have the option called "Device Installation Management" in Local Group...
  7. International Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    International Keyboard: I simply CANNOT implement an International Keyboard in Windows 10. There is no 'language' option anywhere in Control Panel, and the 'Region" option only deals with time, numbers, dates, but no 'language.' Please help!!!!...
  8. international keyboard

international keyboard: I have a MacBook Pro with Windows 10 Build 1709 installed. I need to use stressing signals such as é, ã, ç tipical in Portuguese. What should I do to get this keyboard an international layout?...
  9. How do I completely "destroy" my laptop's internal keyboard without physically opening the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I completely "destroy" my laptop's internal keyboard without physically opening the...: I hate using the keyboard this laptop came with. The arrow keys are missing and barely function, while the rest of the keys are stuck. (They work, just not well at all.) I don't want to use the internal keyboard, rather the USB Logitech one I have. However, when I place it on...
  10. international keyboard

international keyboard: After reading the MANY other posts about users having no luck using the Windows 10 version of the international keyboard and MANY of those posts not having been responded to, I found different places where we're told to Add a Keyboard and then hit the Windows key and space...