Windows 10: Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once?

Discus and support Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a forced windows update last night I have been encountering an extremely strange problem with my triple monitor setup. I have been running triple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MeltedSumoXIII, May 19, 2019.

1. Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once?

After a forced windows update last night I have been encountering an extremely strange problem with my triple monitor setup. I have been running triple monitors for months without issue. However as of this morning, I can only get 2/3 of my monitors to work at one time. I can get ANY two working together however as soon as I connect the third monitor it stops my main one (144hz asus VG248) from receiving signal.

Please note my three montors are connected as follows:

-Asus VG248: Displayport - Displayport

-BenQ VW2245Z: HDMI - DVI (adapter)

-HanssG HE225D: DVI - DVI

All connected to a GTX 1060 6GB.

Just to re-iterate I can get any two screens working, but connecting a third to my GPU causes the 144hz (displayport) to receive no signal. This has been working fine for weeks.

Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated. This is driving me crazy

:)

MeltedSumoXIII, May 19, 2019
  2. chadcdc Win User

Windows 10 with 3 Monitors

I had 3 monitors working fine in Windows 7, but just upgraded to Windows 10 and can now only get 2 of the 3 monitors to work.

Windows shows 3 monitors in System->Display, but only lets me extend my desktop to any 2 of the 3 monitors. It gives a message saying "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings." when hitting Apply to
    extend the desktop to a 3rd monitor. I can use any 2 of my 3 displays, so they're all connecting and working with the graphics card.

I'm using an Asus R7 250x graphics card, and have installed all of the latest drivers. Windows 10 also has all updates.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

chadcdc, May 19, 2019
  3. chadcdc Win User
    Windows 10 with 3 Monitors

No, Windows 10 is not allowing me to extend my desktop to a 3rd display.

I understand how to set up 3 monitors, and it was working fine in Windows 7. Windows 10 shows all 3 monitors, but only allows me to use 2 at a time. From my reading through these forums and other searches, it looks like many people are having this same issue.

I am using 2 DVI monitors and 1 HDMI; not a DisplayPort. It looks like people can get 3 or monitors working with a DisplayPort, but I haven't seen any solutions to getting 3 standard monitors functioning in Windows 10. Are there any other suggestions or
    fixes from Microsoft for this?

chadcdc, May 19, 2019
  4. Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once?

How to setup 3 monitors in 1,2,3, order?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on start button and select control panel.

2. Click on Display.

3. Now select Change display settings in the left pane.

4. Under Change the appearance of your display section, you will find the three monitors. Drag and drop the

monitors in 1, 2, 3 order.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once?

1. Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once? - Similar Threads - monitors once

2. HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is...: HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is lost and monitor shut downit happened after updating windows-11 ith regular updates. maybe there is a connection...
  3. HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is...: HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is lost and monitor shut downit happened after updating windows-11 ith regular updates. maybe there is a connection...
  4. HDMI monitor shows computr start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is lost...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI monitor shows computr start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is lost...: HDMI monitor shows computr start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is lost and monitor shut downit happened after updating windows-11 ith regular updates. maybe there is a connection...
  5. HDMI monitor shows computr start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is lost...

HDMI monitor shows computr start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is lost...: HDMI monitor shows computr start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is lost and monitor shut downit happened after updating windows-11 ith regular updates. maybe there is a connection...
  6. ACER KG271U Monitor disconnects once every couple hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACER KG271U Monitor disconnects once every couple hours: Monitor Acer KG271U disconnects every couple hours. after the first time it disconnects, it starts disconnecting around every 45 minutes, then it turns back on by itself after about 5 minutes it’s the same pattern every time. Tried a different power cable still was happening....
  7. ACER KG271U Monitor disconnects once every couple hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACER KG271U Monitor disconnects once every couple hours: Monitor Acer KG271U disconnects every couple hours. after the first time it disconnects, it starts disconnecting around every 45 minutes, then it turns back on by itself after about 5 minutes it’s the same pattern every time. Tried a different power cable still was happening....
  8. ACER KG271U Monitor disconnects once every couple hours

9. My laptop is freezing once it's disconnected to an external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is freezing once it's disconnected to an external monitor: Hi,I have an issue on my 6 weeks old HP Omen Gaming Laptop. Most of the time I have two different monitors connected to the laptop and everything works just fine anyway as soon as I dissconnect the monitors the screen on my Laptop freezes. I have talked to the reseller and...
  10. My laptop is freezing once it's disconnected to an external monitor

My laptop is freezing once it's disconnected to an external monitor: Hi,I have an issue on my 6 weeks old HP Omen Gaming Laptop. Most of the time I have two different monitors connected to the laptop and everything works just fine anyway as soon as I dissconnect the monitors the screen on my Laptop freezes. I have talked to the reseller and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. any two from three monitors windows 10

2. rdp use 2 of 3 monitors