Windows 10: Any advanced ways for program compatibility? Fav app not working on Win10.

Discus and support Any advanced ways for program compatibility? Fav app not working on Win10. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a graphics program called Texture Maker (http://www.texturemaker.com for those that are interested) that unfortunately is not being developed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Krautwickel, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Any advanced ways for program compatibility? Fav app not working on Win10.

I have a graphics program called Texture Maker (http://www.texturemaker.com for those that are interested) that unfortunately is not being developed any further. It's very useful to me even for simple image editing tasks and i'm sad to say, as i discovered in october last year when i finally switched from Win7, it doesn't run on Windows 10.

I've tried a diverse combination of compatibility options built into Windows 10, but none of them work. Is there anything i can do (short of a vm) like advanced compatibility methods? Is there maybe a way to find out why it's not running (it only pops up for a sec in task manager)? Any tips?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Krautwickel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Krautwickel, Apr 13, 2020

2. Win10 Compatibility

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate that you’ve shown interest in Windows 10. I understand your concern and I would like to inform you that you
    may have a compatibility check for your devices with Windows 10 with the “Get Windows 10 app” on your taskbar. To do so, follow the steps:

• Click the menu in the upper left of the app, and select “Check your PC” or “Your PC is good to go.”

This displays any compatibility issues we find and recommends a resolution; while we don’t have info on every app or device in existence, it provides a comprehensive list of all known potential compatibility issues.

Some Windows 10 features will require advanced hardware and not all features and services are available on every device, nor in every market.
    • If it shows that the device is compatible, then you need not to worry about as the device should work.
    But, if it doesn’t show, then I suggest you to refer to the section “The Reservation App indicates I have incompatible hardware (ie. Video Card, Printer) and/or software, what should I do?”
    in the following article:

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Feel free to get back to us for further assistance and we’ll be happy to help.

Navneet Anand, Apr 13, 2020
  3. WinXP printer share to Win10. One box yes. One box no.

Greg,

I'm confused by your suggestion because I previously explained that there are no driver installation programs to run in compatibility mode, because all of them have appeared in Win10 pick lists due to somehow Win10 is getting them. THAT is the heart of
    my question: Why/How is Win10 coming up with different lists of drivers? Is there any way to transfer drivers from the working Win10 laptop to the two other laptops so they can use the same drivers?

Because there is no installation program to run, suggesting to run it in compatibility mode appears confused. Did I miss something?

BrianBrian3, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Any advanced ways for program compatibility? Fav app not working on Win10.

Turn off Program Compatibility Mode

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing with compatibility on Windows 10?

I suggest you to stop the Program Compatibility Assistant service
    and check if it helps.

This service provides support for program compatibility assistant. PCA monitors programs installed and run by the user and detects unknown compatibility problems. If this service is stopped PCA will not work properly.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc
      in the Start Search box.
    • Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Program Compatibility Assistant service and select
      Stop.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Any advanced ways for program compatibility? Fav app not working on Win10.

1. Any advanced ways for program compatibility? Fav app not working on Win10. - Similar Threads - advanced ways program

2. Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...: I have never found any Microsoft software better than the competition. So I don't want my C drive cluttered with useless programs and shortcuts to those programs like in Start Menu, All Programs. I want my choices in there and nothing but my choices. You used to be able to...
  3. Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...: I have never found any Microsoft software better than the competition. So I don't want my C drive cluttered with useless programs and shortcuts to those programs like in Start Menu, All Programs. I want my choices in there and nothing but my choices. You used to be able to...
  4. Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Any Way to Make WB Compatible with OS?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any Way to Make WB Compatible with OS?: WB = WindowsBlinds, OS = Open Shell (I'm asking this mainly because my taskbar texture is a little bit messed up since I had previously used Open Shell to change my taskbar texture look but after I got WB, some of the things look really off about it.) 173567
  6. Is there any other way to open "Advanced display settings"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any other way to open "Advanced display settings": When i try to open it from the settings it crashes immediately. submitted by /u/creepjohn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqgrqd/is_there_any_other_way_to_open_advanced_display/
  7. Any program or way to wake up win10 from sleep on a set time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any program or way to wake up win10 from sleep on a set time?: I used to use Free Alarm Clock on win7 and it would wake the pc up no prob, but on 10 it just doesn't and the alarm function of win 10 also doesn't seem to work, is there any other way for the pc to wake up at a set time? Ty! submitted by /u/AkabaneKun [link] [comments]...
  8. Any compatible app to Kindle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any compatible app to Kindle: Recently purchased the Surface Go w/Windows 10 for mobile productivity. However, I was thinking that it would be awesomely cool to have access to my Kindle app, which it doesn't appear to be compatible w/the Surface Go. I found that there is a Kindle Cloud Reader,...
  9. Any way to improve compatibility with older drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any way to improve compatibility with older drivers?: Hello. I have formatted an old Vista laptop yesterday and although everything seemed to work just fine (Installed w10 x64 due to ram being 4GB) the sound didn't work at all even if Windows Update installed its correct driver and everything looked fine. The sound card is...
  10. Dell printer not compatible. Any other way to get it to work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell printer not compatible. Any other way to get it to work?: I've searched everywhere, uninstalled and reinstalled and it won't work. I've got my laptop networked to printer but it won't work either. I need help figuring out how to do that 19804