Windows 10: Any alternative of system restore?

Discus and support Any alternative of system restore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an Asus fx505dy laptop. I ran some scripts months ago with admin privileges. It had a lot of side-effects like slow boot-up, removed many apps I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rs423, Jan 2, 2021.

1. /u/rs423 Win User

Any alternative of system restore?

I have an Asus fx505dy laptop. I ran some scripts months ago with admin privileges. It had a lot of side-effects like slow boot-up, removed many apps I need. Is there any way I can restore my laptop's state to the state when I got it? I didn't create a restore point. Can I get the iso file(modified) from somewhere?

submitted by /u/rs423
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rs423, Jan 2, 2021

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jan 2, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CAny alternative of system restore? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CAny alternative of system restore? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Any alternative of system restore? - Similar Threads - alternative system restore

2. Is there any alternative of ChatGPT?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any alternative of ChatGPT?: Are there any substitutes for ChatGPT that can be used in educational institutions such as schools, colleges, and universities?* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Is there any alternative of ChatGPT?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any alternative of ChatGPT?: Are there any substitutes for ChatGPT that can be used in educational institutions such as schools, colleges, and universities?* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Alternative way to access restore points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Alternative way to access restore points?: Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685 Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently. Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing So I tries to use a restore point...
  5. Alternative way to access restore points?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative way to access restore points?: Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685 Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently. Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing So I tries to use a restore point...
  6. Is there any MozBackup alternative?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there any MozBackup alternative?: I have scoured the web and can't seem to find a reliable backup/restore tool for Firefox/Thunderbird Any suggestions? 166373
  7. Any free alternative to Avast Cleanup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any free alternative to Avast Cleanup: I just need to boost my performance on my pc, so all I need is a free alternative to avast cleanup. Thank you submitted by /u/NetStreet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9s66q/any_free_alternative_to_avast_cleanup/
  8. Are there any alternatives to the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any alternatives to the Start Menu?: I love having my icons available but recently I've clicked on Auto-Hide taskbar and positioned it on the left side of the screen. it's great having that extra clean space but it has it's issues like not always auto-hiding and staying open and when I've moved the mouse away...
  9. Any new alternative to Logitech Squeezebox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any new alternative to Logitech Squeezebox: Hi there I really loved the old Logitech Squeezebox system (and their Internet radio) -- the squeezebox system also had optical output as well as analog so a really great way of feeding audio into a high quality music amplifier / speaker set. The server software still...
  10. Never any System Restore Points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Never any System Restore Points: Whenever I check there are NEVER any system restore points. I seem to have had this for years and years over many variants of windows. From what I read Windows should regularly save some. Of course when I desperately need one when I have a problem there is rarely one there....