Windows 10: any alternative way to enable legacy components on windows 10?

Discus and support any alternative way to enable legacy components on windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm in need of a way to enable legacy components on widows 10 without using the "turn windows features on or off" thing in the control panel. The issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by amen12, Aug 12, 2019.

1. amen12 Win User

any alternative way to enable legacy components on windows 10?

I'm in need of a way to enable legacy components on widows 10 without using the "turn windows features on or off" thing in the control panel. The issue with that option is that when i open it, the window is blank where the features are supposed to be, i've tried every solution on the internet short of just resetting everything on my pc. Let me know if there's no other way to do that.

:)

amen12, Aug 12, 2019

2. DirectPlay in Legacy Components

Im trying to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, but I can't run the game because of missing DirectPlay. I found out that I can enable DirectPlay in Legacy Components in windows settings, and thats the solution that everyone recommends, I'm sure it works, because
    I've done that on other PC and then it worked, but all I can see in my windows settings, is empty Legacy Components list. On other PC, there was DirectPlay on this list, but I can't find it on my PC. My version of directx is 12.

JanKurek99, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Legacy components and DirectPlay

Every time i try to enable Legacy components and DirectPlay a window pops up says that the changes have been made but to finish the installation the system needs to reboot but when i restart the computer Legacy components and DirectPlay are both not enabled.

GabrielMani, Aug 12, 2019
  4. any alternative way to enable legacy components on windows 10?

DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing

Go into the control panel and select programs, legacy components is present and direct play is present with 1809

HARDCORE GAMES™, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

any alternative way to enable legacy components on windows 10?

1. any alternative way to enable legacy components on windows 10? - Similar Threads - alternative enable legacy

2. Is There Any Way to Re-enable the Windows 10 Logon Sound?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is There Any Way to Re-enable the Windows 10 Logon Sound?: Hi, I just wanted to ask if Microsoft has permanently disabled Windows 10's logon and shutdown sounds. If not, is there any way to re-enable them? Thanks...
  3. Direct Play missing under Legacy components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct Play missing under Legacy components: Hi, i'm trying to play on windows 10 1803 to an old Age Of Empires games that I have on my Steam library. When I try to launch, the OS says that i'm missing some feature and, from what i read online, the problem is that direct play isn't enabled. So i looked into windows...
  4. DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing: Hey, recently tried to play HoMM4 on lan again and after failing several times I managed to figure out that my DirectPlay was not enabled, but after going to Control Panel, the Programs, then "Turn Windows features on/off", search for "Legacy Components" then enable...
  5. Legacy Components Error on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Components Error on DirectX 12: Hey Sorry if this has been duplicated but I cant find a question with this specific issue. Trying to play an older game and comes up with this error message: After a bit of digging I found its about DirectPlay. Find a way to enable it and go to enable it under Legacy...
  6. Legacy components and DirectPlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy components and DirectPlay: Every time i try to enable Legacy components and DirectPlay a window pops up says that the changes have been made but to finish the installation the system needs to reboot but when i restart the computer Legacy components and DirectPlay are both not enabled....
  7. installing games - alternative ways?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing games - alternative ways?: hello, I have 1tb hard disk drive that is currently on 98% almost full and I there are more games that I still want to install *Sad problem is Im too broke to buy new HDD, I wanna know if theres an alternative way to install my games? for example: A - i want to install...
  8. Any experience with alternatives to the Event Viewer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any experience with alternatives to the Event Viewer?: I'd like to be able to: Search for every instance of an event Delete individual events I've read about these apps: MyEventViewer WMI Tool Event Log Explorer Please give your experiences with these apps or similar ones and list any things that you'd like...
  9. Alternative way to boot to CD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alternative way to boot to CD?: My Asus mobo has very unresponsive firmware. It takes next to forever for the first menu to appear, and what's more, it periodically forgets its settings and reverts to default. So, this morning my Windows boot got borked, and I wanted to run a live CD in order to fix it or...
  10. Alternative way to launch Task View ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative way to launch Task View ?: Hello everyone! I'd love to map Windows 10's Task View to one of my mouse's buttons, but SetPoint* (the software for my Logitech mouse) does not support WinKey-based keyboard shortcuts, so mapping WinKey+Tab is impossible. I was wondering if there is any alternative way...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. legacy components directplay