Windows 10: Any app/setting to force notifications to 2nd/3rd monitor instead of primary?

Discus and support Any app/setting to force notifications to 2nd/3rd monitor instead of primary? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Been looking without any success. I would like to force notifications to another monitor outside of the primary. It makes no sense to me to even have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LiquidPunch, May 6, 2020.

1. Any app/setting to force notifications to 2nd/3rd monitor instead of primary?

Been looking without any success. I would like to force notifications to another monitor outside of the primary. It makes no sense to me to even have them in the lower right, its annoying and gets in the way. Keeping them on another monitor would be far more helpful.

submitted by /u/LiquidPunch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LiquidPunch, May 6, 2020

2. Is there a way to force notifications to present on a 2nd (or 3rd) monitor?

Right now they will always show on whatever monitor is considered "the primary monitor". You can switch which one is being used as primary by doing this:

1) Right-click desktop, choose Display Settings

2) Click the monitor icon you want to set as primary

3) Check the "Make this my main display" checkbox

4) Click Apply

Now that monitor will be used for all notifications. You can continue to use the other monitor for your games/whatever else.

If so desired, you can also unlock and drag your taskbar around so that the primary taskbar (the one with the notification icons near the clock) appears on whichever monitor you want it to show on too).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 6, 2020
  3. Is there a way to force notifications to present on a 2nd (or 3rd) monitor?

I've been having trouble with games minimizing when some notifications pop up in Windows 10. I haven't found a way to force them to my 2nd monitor (no, DisplayFusion doesn't do it either) despite my best efforts.

Has anyone discovered a way to do this?

Thanks

Tib

Tiberious_ST, May 6, 2020
  4. Any app/setting to force notifications to 2nd/3rd monitor instead of primary?

Is there a way to force notifications to present on a 2nd (or 3rd) monitor?

You are correct - notifications are always shown on the primary monitor (just like I said above). I never claimed that the primary taskbar had anything to do with that, I was just pointing out that if moving the primary monitor caused an inconvenience due
    to the taskbar, that you could independently move the taskbar without regard to the primary monitor.

I was not aware of any game that only defaults to the primary monitor, none of my Steam games do that. I've already configured mine as discussed above.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 6, 2020
Thema:

Any app/setting to force notifications to 2nd/3rd monitor instead of primary?

1. Any app/setting to force notifications to 2nd/3rd monitor instead of primary? - Similar Threads - app setting force

2. Night Light Setting only works on primary Win11 laptop screen & not on 2nd or 3rd monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light Setting only works on primary Win11 laptop screen & not on 2nd or 3rd monitors.: I enabled Night Light mode on my win11 laptop, and it appears to only be working on the laptop screen. it is not working on either of my two monitors I have plugged in to my Kensington docking station however....
  3. Night Light Setting only works on primary Win11 laptop screen & not on 2nd or 3rd monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light Setting only works on primary Win11 laptop screen & not on 2nd or 3rd monitors.: I enabled Night Light mode on my win11 laptop, and it appears to only be working on the laptop screen. it is not working on either of my two monitors I have plugged in to my Kensington docking station however....
  4. Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.: Is there a way to force all applications to open on the primary monitor using a reg key entry or something similar that wouldn't require user interaction?...
  5. Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.: Is there a way to force all applications to open on the primary monitor using a reg key entry or something similar that wouldn't require user interaction?...
  6. Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Notifications don't work on blank desktop with apps on 2nd and 3rd display.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notifications don't work on blank desktop with apps on 2nd and 3rd display.: My windows 10 notifications do not work is nothing is running on my primary display, but the apps I have notifications on for are on my 2nd and 3rd monitor/display. Notifications only appear if I have a program or app open on main display. Is there a fix?...
  8. how to mirror 2nd monitor to 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to mirror 2nd monitor to 3rd monitor: I was using win 7 with 3 monitors, extending desktop to second monitor and mirroring the second on the third monitor. I don't see how to do this in Win 10. Option not available?...
  9. 2nd and 3rd monitors freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd and 3rd monitors freezing: I'm on the latest Windows 10 version. At random times (normally after leaving the computer in sleep mode) my 2nd and 3rd monitors freeze up, resulting in static images of what's there. I can still (somewhat) do things on them, but they mostly remain frozen. For example, I...
  10. Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary: I am running W10 Pro 1607 14393.10. This problem has occured in earlier builds. I have a 2nd monitor that I have set as an extended display. I usually keep Adobe Reader open to view pdf as I work. If I leave my pc and return to enter password, it is not fully sleep - it...