Windows 10: Any apps that can enable black screen for remoting desktop?

Discus and support Any apps that can enable black screen for remoting desktop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; TeamViewer now requires paid version in order to use black screen feature. Splashtop have it too but must pay to remote outside :/ I have now switched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gordeymaslow, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Any apps that can enable black screen for remoting desktop?

TeamViewer now requires paid version in order to use black screen feature. Splashtop have it too but must pay to remote outside :/

I have now switched to Google Remote Desktop which is 100% free

Is there any apps that can enable black screen on monitor but still can see my desktop via remoting? My PC is running Windows 10

:)

gordeymaslow, Jan 16, 2020

2. Remote Desktop black screen

It logs in but get the black screen with only the pointer showing. I tried unchecking the persistent bitmap caching but still didn't help. This was suggested online. The remote computer graphics work fine when not connected with remote desktop. The driver
    that was installed when Windows 10 1903 was installed is the one not working with remote desktop. The old Microsoft basic graphic driver just made it impossible to use although it did work with remote desktop. Haven't found any other driver to use as of now.
    It is an older Dell Studio 17 and Dell doesn't list a graphic driver for it. I am still trying to see if I can find one though.

JamesWalther, Jan 16, 2020
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Any apps that can enable black screen for remoting desktop?

REMOTE DESKTOP APP

Hi Harry,

To assist you further, please verify the following:

• What steps have you taken so fa?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    • Have you tried to uninstall and install Remote Desktop app?

Renaldo cru, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Any apps that can enable black screen for remoting desktop?

1. Any apps that can enable black screen for remoting desktop? - Similar Threads - apps enable black

2. Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.: I can get another service like VNC to listen on port 3389, and I can test connectivity to that port to verify it is not network/firewall related. RDP doesn't generate any errors. The service starts like normal, and if I restart it, it restarts like normal. I have enabled NLA,...
  3. Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.: I can get another service like VNC to listen on port 3389, and I can test connectivity to that port to verify it is not network/firewall related. RDP doesn't generate any errors. The service starts like normal, and if I restart it, it restarts like normal. I have enabled NLA,...
  4. Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC

Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC: HelloWe use RealVNC to remote in to our machine at the office it works the same as team viewer etc, but when we went to login today the screen was black. I can remote into another machine that is at the office so it isnt the internet and if I use RDP on that machine I still...
  6. Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop: Hi,When connected via Remote DesktopRDP to Windows 10.0 19041, screen recording starts, but the screen is recorded black. Everything is fine on Windows 8.1. Help me please!...
  7. Remote Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop black screen: After installing update 1903 on second computer I get a black screen when remote desktop connects. Tried rolling back video driver which took me back to a Microsoft basic driver from 2006 but only offers 1024x768 for best setting. This causes programs to be so large you can...
  8. Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black

Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black: I’m running Win10 1809.379 on my computer. Both computers that I’m using RDP to connect to are also on 1809.379. The problem starts when I connect to them both or either and then minimize them to the task bar, if it try to reopen them their screen goes black. Prior to...
  9. Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black: I’m running Win10 1809.379 on my computer. Both computers that I’m using RDP to connect to are also on 1809.379. The problem starts when I connect to them both or either and then minimize them to the task bar, if it try to reopen them their screen goes black. Prior to...
  10. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop serves Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Remote Desktop serves Black Screen: Hi Windows 10, I am having an issue with Windows 10 - every day. But last 3-6 months, remote desktop connections fail with a black screen on my network! Now I have started to feel true hate towards this OS, as this error, now seems to settle as a forever error that will...