Windows 10: Any bets on software for HIDING the start Menu !!!!

Discus and support Any bets on software for HIDING the start Menu !!!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I just wonder how long it will be before someone produces some Software for HIDING the Menu !!! That would really be a turn round for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Any bets on software for HIDING the start Menu !!!!

Hi there

I just wonder how long it will be before someone produces some Software for HIDING the Menu !!! That would really be a turn round for the book especially if you go back on W8 Forums and look at the vitriol that was being spread around BECAUSE the menu was removed.

Well it goes to show - some people are NEVER satisfied.

From what I've seen so far I'm IMPRESSED - thanks Ms -- pity W8 wasn't like this and we had to go through that period.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014

2. Hiding Public Desktop/Public Start menu for just one user

Greg, I looked at the resources, but it looks like that applies to machines on a domain. I'm completely off the network running Win10 Pro.

The thing I'm looking for was something like a simple registry tweak. Probably a setting usually managed by the domain tools to push the policy down to the individual machine.

RussellH_900, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Hiding Public Desktop/Public Start menu for just one user

Long time Googler, first time poster.

Here's my problem: I have a standalone Win10 machine. Standalone as in NO network.

I want to have one "admin" account that's used for limited functions (like adding users and resetting passwords). To discourage other uses (like running applications), I want to hide the public desktop and public start menu - for JUST this one user. Then
    I can place just the icons I want that user to have access to on their desktop/start menu.

I know I've done it before - but I don't have my notes on the setup. Since this is a standalone, I can't use any domain tools. All I have is GPEdit and RegEdit at the local level.

Thanks in advance.

RussellH_900, Oct 1, 2014
  4. bromanbro Win User

You can disable the Start Menu and go back to the Start Screen by default through taskbar options *Tongue.

Tho I think that leaves a button, but I doubt anyone cares about that. Before the button it was "click here where you don't see a button to access the screen" lol.

bromanbro, Oct 1, 2014
  5. pparks1 Win User
    i just wish that you could kinda turn off that right side of the start menu. I've found you can simply remove all tiles...so that will work.

pparks1, Oct 1, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    You can just remove all of those items.. that should do the trick.

BunnyJ, Oct 2, 2014
  7. bromanbro Win User
    Yup it's beary similer to Win7 menu when you remove tiles/replace "PC Settings" garbage with "Control Panel.

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  8. Mooly Win User

When Vista came out there were programs to make XP look like Vista. Then when 7 appeared you could make Vista look like 7. Now that we have 8.1 and 10 some want to make those look like XP

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Any bets on software for HIDING the start Menu !!!! - Similar Threads - bets software HIDING

2. Issues with software not appearing on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with software not appearing on Start Menu: Hello,We have Windows 11 Edu Pro PC's, they were just Windows 10 Pro when purchased.We use Ergo Free2Teach network and classroom management software, we've had it since we were on Windows 7 back in 2009.I have noticed since Windows 10 that certain areas are not working...
  3. Issues with software not appearing on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with software not appearing on Start Menu: Hello,We have Windows 11 Edu Pro PC's, they were just Windows 10 Pro when purchased.We use Ergo Free2Teach network and classroom management software, we've had it since we were on Windows 7 back in 2009.I have noticed since Windows 10 that certain areas are not working...
  4. Is there any way to hide programs in the Alt-Tab menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to hide programs in the Alt-Tab menu?: basically the title. I have a few programs that I keep running on my pc at all times and I don't wanna tab into them is there any way that I can hide these programs from the Alt-Tab Menu specifically? Like for example, I keep OBS running every time my PC is on and I have...
  5. Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide...: Hello, I'm Creating a Standard windows Desktop for the computers in my company, so I want to Import a custom Start Menu, and Taskbar along with some group policies. So it's rather easy to deploy a Custom Start Menu and Taskbar, I'm Looking for a rather Clean one, here's my...
  6. Are there any alternatives to the Start Menu?

Are there any alternatives to the Start Menu?: I love having my icons available but recently I've clicked on Auto-Hide taskbar and positioned it on the left side of the screen. it's great having that extra clean space but it has it's issues like not always auto-hiding and staying open and when I've moved the mouse away...
  7. Hiding a specific app from start menu

Hiding a specific app from start menu: Hello Redditors, I am having a little situation where after installing Adobe Creative Cloud on my computer an app called "Notification Manager for Adobe Creative Cloud" appeared on my Start Menu. I have checked in both "all user start menu" and "current user start menu"...
  8. Start Menu not displaying installed software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu not displaying installed software: Hi all, I'm sure that there will be a thread about this somewhere but I've been looking for hours so please forgive me if the answered is down a well trodden path. Recently updated a Win 10 laptop - it has been dormant for a long time (maybe 2 years+). All was working...
  9. can not hide app list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    can not hide app list in start menu: Using windows 10 build 17063 I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu' But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app...
  10. Start menu is shy; it's hiding behind the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu is shy; it's hiding behind the taskbar: Hi. Today, out of the blue, my start menu has started to hide behind the taskbar. It's rather annoying, as the area you type in is obscured by the taskbar now so I cannot see what is being typed: [img] I rebooted, no dice. Unlocked/relocked the taskbar, no dice. Moved...