Windows 10: Any chance microsoft could come up with a better name for the "START" process.

Discus and support Any chance microsoft could come up with a better name for the "START" process. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Really "Start".....Apparently it's the process that controls the Start Menu. So I don't know...... maybe we could call it something descriptive like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Data_Dan, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Data_Dan Win User

Any chance microsoft could come up with a better name for the "START" process.

Really "Start".....Apparently it's the process that controls the Start Menu. So I don't know...... maybe we could call it something descriptive like "Microsoft Start Menu"...... And let's go the extra mile and and some information to the "Details" section of the properties window.

:)

Data_Dan, Jul 8, 2020
  2. BunnyJ Win User

Microsoft could do better

Hi and welcome to the forums.
    I suggest that you make your recommendations and comments via the MS Feedback. It's located here:

Any chance microsoft could come up with a better name for the "START" process. [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Thelps Win User
    TCPView shows multiple [System Process] network connections...

The list has a huge variation of IPs. I haven't noted any pattern in what IPs appear.

Could you suggest how I could identify this process or set of processes referred to as [System Process]?

Thelps, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Any chance microsoft could come up with a better name for the "START" process.

Initial start up name change

Hi Ray,

We'll need to gather a bit more information to better help you with this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using a local or a Microsoft account?
    • Aside from changing your log in name via Windows Settings, what other steps have you tried so far?

Charianne Per, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Any chance microsoft could come up with a better name for the "START" process.

1. Any chance microsoft could come up with a better name for the "START" process. - Similar Threads - chance microsoft better

2. Windows 10 Plus! any chance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Plus! any chance?: Please bring back Plus extension packs to the Windows 10, I loved them as a kid and had huge impact growing up in my youth in a positive way, just don't make it like 5.99 dollars like you folks did H265 codec. Bring back Plus! as a free Windows 10 Update...
  3. Windows 10 Plus! any chance?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Plus! any chance?: Please bring back Plus extension packs to the Windows 10, I loved them as a kid and had huge impact growing up in my youth in a positive way, just don't make it like 5.99 dollars like you folks did H265 codec. Bring back Plus! as a free Windows 10 Update...
  4. Windows 10 Plus! any chance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there any chance to fix a hacked PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any chance to fix a hacked PC?: Hi there, I have a HP All-in One PC, Windows 10 Home Edit, plus I did a recent system reset. This hacker has been getting into my computer and taking ownership of it....I have a very long list of what this hacker has done and this has been going on for quite a while....
  6. Edge browser with Microsoft Family is any better?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Edge browser with Microsoft Family is any better?: Is there any extra benefit of Microsoft Edge browser when use with Microsoft Family then chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-with-microsoft-family-is-any-better/c88aefdd-c4a5-4aa0-829f-1aaa1ca02a22
  7. email comes up instead of user name

email comes up instead of user name: I just got a new laptop and when ever I sign into it the username is my email address and I want to change it my pc works fine and displays Pierce but the laptop has *** Email address is removed for privacy *** twice so how do I change it? also i tried adding my name to the...
  8. startUp.exe comes up on start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    startUp.exe comes up on start: Every time I turn on my desktop, setUp.exe displays and asks me "do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device" Yes or No. What is this and how do I get rid of it? Thank You in advance...
  9. start up name

start up name: I recently set up my new computer and I did not get my name to appear on the page when you enter your password. How do I change it? What I do get is my email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-name/9089cc63-4579-48ac-a67c-851455b5e92e
  10. Microsoft could do better

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft could do better: Latest update: slowed my PC to a snails pace for most of Monday December 7th; caused MS Office documents to slow down and freeze (probably the MS Office updates did that); stopped action centre from opening; stopped 'start' from working; changed most of the icons pinned to...