Windows 10: Any changes to the services.msc gets reverted when I restart my laptop

Discus and support Any changes to the services.msc gets reverted when I restart my laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Home and I'm attempting to disable the automatic update. So I tried disabling the windows update service via services.msc. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by weierstrash, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Any changes to the services.msc gets reverted when I restart my laptop

I'm using Windows 10 Home and I'm attempting to disable the automatic update. So I tried disabling the windows update service via services.msc. But when I restart my latptop, the change gets reverted to the usual 'automatic'. I also tried opening services.msc as an administrator but that also is not working. Kindly shed some light on this issue.

:)

weierstrash, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Search option is not working properly in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Magnifier in windows?

• Are you facing issues with Magnifier or Search bar?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Restart the Service and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search.

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic.
    Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptop keep restarting

Hi Elias,

Thank you for the update.

Since the laptop crashes before you can perform any troubleshooting step, I would suggest you to contact the laptop manufacturer in this regard.

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Any changes to the services.msc gets reverted when I restart my laptop

My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Any changes to the services.msc gets reverted when I restart my laptop

1. Any changes to the services.msc gets reverted when I restart my laptop - Similar Threads - changes services msc

2. Laptop restarts when trying to change volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts when trying to change volume.: Hey,I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop Ryzen 5 4600H, GTX 1650, 16 gigs DDR4 @3200mhz, model = 15ARH05, and it randomly decides to restart sometimes when I try to change the volume either by using the trackpad's three finger gestures or by using Fn+F3. This doesn't...
  3. Laptop restarts when trying to change volume.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts when trying to change volume.: Hey,I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop Ryzen 5 4600H, GTX 1650, 16 gigs DDR4 @3200mhz, model = 15ARH05, and it randomly decides to restart sometimes when I try to change the volume either by using the trackpad's three finger gestures or by using Fn+F3. This doesn't...
  4. Disabled all my msc services on accident

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled all my msc services on accident: My game was crashing off boot of the game so I went on YouTube to try and fix it clicked on the wrong video long story short disabled all my msc services restarted my pc and I can’t login knowing the smart choice I went here in need of answers so I tried to boot up my bios no...
  5. Disabled all my msc services on accident

Disabled all my msc services on accident: My game was crashing off boot of the game so I went on YouTube to try and fix it clicked on the wrong video long story short disabled all my msc services restarted my pc and I can’t login knowing the smart choice I went here in need of answers so I tried to boot up my bios no...
  6. my laptop restart when i turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop restart when i turn it on: when i updated windows my laptop restart when i turn it on so i run a troubleshooter on windows update and it detect WaaSMedicService Issues remediated by :AutomaticCorruptionRepairPlugin;ResetRepairPlugin what does it mean? And how to fix it?...
  7. my laptop restart when i turn it on

my laptop restart when i turn it on: when i updated windows my laptop restart when i turn it on so i run a troubleshooter on windows update and it detect WaaSMedicService Issues remediated by :AutomaticCorruptionRepairPlugin;ResetRepairPlugin what does it mean? And how to fix it?...
  8. my laptop restart when i turn it on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Camera Drivers get recognized only when I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Drivers get recognized only when I restart my Laptop: Hi All, I think I have a strange situation with my Laptop built-in camera and its drivers in Windows 10, I installed the drivers properly and they work fine until I close the lid of my laptop, when I open the lid back the camera does not work, when I checked the device...
  10. 'Storage Service' in Services is always set to disabled when I restart my computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    'Storage Service' in Services is always set to disabled when I restart my computer: My friend recently gave me an Xbox Game Pass for PC and I was really happy because I could finally play a certain game I wanted to play. I've been getting many errors and problems because the Xbox App is beyond broken, which has caused me to do all kinds of troubleshooting...
Tags: