Windows 10: Any controller I plug in makes the screen go black

Discus and support Any controller I plug in makes the screen go black in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just a week ago I was able to play games both with the keyboard and mouse and Xbox one or ps4 controllers. But recently whenever I plug in either of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rocu18116, Dec 9, 2018.

1. rocu18116 Win User

Any controller I plug in makes the screen go black

Just a week ago I was able to play games both with the keyboard and mouse and Xbox one or ps4 controllers. But recently whenever I plug in either of those controllers the screen goes black except for the mouse cursor. This happens even on the desktop before a game is booted up.

I also tried connecting the ps4 controller via Bluetooth because that has worked before and it still went black proving that it isn't just a USB problem.

Sometimes after it goes black I can hear the Windows 10 notification sound as if there is a prompt waiting for me to answer but I can't do anything at that point.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

rocu18116, Dec 9, 2018

2. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Any controller I plug in makes the screen go black - Similar Threads - controller plug makes

2. Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.: i seem to have a problem where if my controller is plugged in i get a irql_not_less_or_equal bsod or just a hard crash with no bsod. i tried to read the mini dump but couldn't find what the problem was. i have also tried updating windows and updating my graphics card. the...
  3. Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.: i seem to have a problem where if my controller is plugged in i get a irql_not_less_or_equal bsod or just a hard crash with no bsod. i tried to read the mini dump but couldn't find what the problem was. i have also tried updating windows and updating my graphics card. the...
  4. Headphones disconnect randomly and make screen go black, and then go back to normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones disconnect randomly and make screen go black, and then go back to normal: Hello to everyone;So about a year ago I got a new PC. Now, this pc has always had the issue as described above - headphones randomly disconnect, screen flashes black, and when it comes to, the realtek audio manager is open, telling me I've just connected a new device...
  5. Headphones disconnect randomly and make screen go black, and then go back to normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones disconnect randomly and make screen go black, and then go back to normal: Hello to everyone;So about a year ago I got a new PC. Now, this pc has always had the issue as described above - headphones randomly disconnect, screen flashes black, and when it comes to, the realtek audio manager is open, telling me I've just connected a new device...
  6. Headphones disconnect randomly and make screen go black, and then go back to normal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Plugging laptop in makes ping go into the thousands!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plugging laptop in makes ping go into the thousands!: Hello, so when I play games on my laptop without it being plugged into the charger it runs fine fps and ping. But when I plug the charger in the screen will freeze and the ping will go into the thousands. Once I unplug the ping will come down too into normal range. Any have a...
  8. Alt+Tab makes screen go black.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab makes screen go black.: I've had this issue for a while now and I am becoming more and more each time. Every time I alt+tab in any fullscreen application my entire computer monitor will go black for a few seconds then returning with all my access application's resolutions configured into...
  9. Black screen, no control.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen, no control.: I was playing minecraft java, and suddenly the desktop went black for no reason. Minecraft windows closed Automatically, and i restarted, log on to my account that i was using, and its just black desktop. I tried ctrl+alt +del and it worked i tried to open task manager...
  10. Alt+tab makes screen go black.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt+tab makes screen go black.: Pressing the Alt+Tab keys makes the screen go black. Computer lights and fans cut off, like it's shutting down. (But it doesn't.) Then it resets back to the startup menu with password. It usually fixes itself after a few seconds. This still happens, even if no applications...