Windows 10: Any crss.exe replacements?

Discus and support Any crss.exe replacements? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, so I'm pretty sure I just downloaded a virus and had modified the crss.exe file, so I deleted it, but I think i need a replacement, does anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by menaceodennis12, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Any crss.exe replacements?

Hey, so I'm pretty sure I just downloaded a virus and had modified the crss.exe file, so I deleted it, but I think i need a replacement, does anyone have one and what file do I put it in? I'm on build 18363.1440.

:)

menaceodennis12, Mar 27, 2021

2. ResourceHacker problem. replace exe icon from icon in imagres.dll

usually i have no trouble with resource hacker...
    now when i replace a icon im usally able to see the icons in imageres.dll and select a icon...
    now when i want to replace a icon on a exe file i open resource hacker, replace icon, select imageres.dll and NOTHING shows up, im usually able to see the list.

Steven Campoli, Mar 27, 2021
  3. ResourceHacker problem. replace exe icon from icon in imagres.dll

Same here. Were you able to fix it?

RokeyKokey, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Any crss.exe replacements?

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Any crss.exe replacements?

1. Any crss.exe replacements? - Similar Threads - crss exe replacements

2. adobe is gone! any replacement!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe is gone! any replacement!: life after adobe in simple words/actions , if any. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-is-gone-any-replacement/dcc28acf-e40c-4553-b658-3f40342f3428
  3. Any replacement for win7 desktop gadgets?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any replacement for win7 desktop gadgets?: I found it incredibly helpful to have my calendar available at a glance on the desktop. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. Are there any workarounds that provide the same functionality? submitted by /u/HobieSailor [link] [comments]...
  4. rundll32.exe replacement?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    rundll32.exe replacement?: This morning MalwareBytes started throwing flags that rundll32.exe (in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe) was trying to open blocked websites marked as a trojan. Unfortunately, neither Avast, MalwareBytes, or Microsoft Defender think it's an infected file and using sfc/scannow...
  5. Cannot open ANY .exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open ANY .exe file: Hi all, Sorry for the style. I’m on my phone. So today I installed Emacs from gnu.org, and opened my first .sml file. Later I tried to open the .sml by double click it and I think I chose Emacs to open it. Then suddenly a console prompts out and it changes all of the...
  6. Cannot open any exe file.....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot open any exe file.....: I am using windows 10 on my Asus laptop. Whenever I try to open any exe file then it will automatically open chrome. Also chrome keeps on downloading AsusTPLoader. Also, cannot open chrome settings. I restart my PC few a lot of times but chrome is not behaving properly....
  7. Cannot run any exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run any exe files: Today I found that I cannot run any exe files, including cmd, regedit, task manager, chrome, whatever (but I can open chrome by html document, or similarly adobe reader by pdf). I installed a 7zip yesterday, don't know if that caused the problem but anyway I cannot uninstall...
  8. Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB: Yup, you read that right. I really hate this since I need to install Windows (32-bit) via a thumb drive. Executive files inside the original hard drive does not affect this. All of the .exe files don't work (other type of files still work). But I can still access...
  9. ResourceHacker problem. replace exe icon from icon in imagres.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ResourceHacker problem. replace exe icon from icon in imagres.dll: usually i have no trouble with resource hacker... now when i replace a icon im usally able to see the icons in imageres.dll and select a icon... now when i want to replace a icon on a exe file i open resource hacker, replace icon, select imageres.dll and NOTHING shows up, im...
  10. Can't run any .exe after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run any .exe after upgrade: I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and everytime I try to run a .exe I get this error: [img] I don't know what to do. 14041