Windows 10: Any Danes Here --Opensubtitles to be blocked in Denmark

Discus and support Any Danes Here --Opensubtitles to be blocked in Denmark in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks How can a Danish Court (Denmark is one of the freest countries in the world) ban something like Opensubtitles -- How can subtitles --which so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Dec 20, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Any Danes Here --Opensubtitles to be blocked in Denmark

Hi folks
    How can a Danish Court (Denmark is one of the freest countries in the world) ban something like Opensubtitles -- How can subtitles --which so many people rely on be considered "Piracy" in any shape or form

A lot of modern films / TV shows have incredibly poor mixing even for Native speakers of the language in question. (Usually inaudible dialog and incredibly loud special effects -- and I have perfectly decent hearing and a decent command of English).

Surely using "Copyright" excuse is just B/S -- you might just as well get people banning translating the Bible / Koran etc into various languages including audio versions for visually impaired etc or stopping the whole idea of audio books in various languages etc.

I'm all in favour of stopping "Intellectual Copyright" theft and totally against Piracy but this seems a step far too far -- I'm sure the Danes will find other alternatives but I hope this isn't a trend of future things to come.

I use opensubtitles a lot when I need subtitles that haven't been made available by the original TV / Movie / DVD -- no ban here yet but we need to protect against these sorts of "Monopoly" lawyers -- a lot of people who create the subtitles on these sites do it in their own time for ZERO gain.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 20, 2019

2. Ovi music Store Denmark on N8 - When???

The questions seems not really to be "when" rather "why not?"

Denmark is a very nice place to live if you don't want a lot of the same services most other Northern European countries get. There is a reason for it, but I'm blowed if I know what that reason is. Could be copyright. Danes and those of us who live here
    are allowed to copy all CDs and similar media for our own use only, which is great, because who carries bundles of CDs around with them anywhere these days?

Any body out there know PRECISELY why there is no Ovi Music STore for Denmark? Moving to iPhone might get you some music, but iTunes (which you have to use on a Mac or PC to get that music onto your iPhone) is also subject to numerous restrictions in Denmark.

hughm_nyksj_dk, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Nokia Music Denmark launch - precise date, please...

Ja, Denmark is a little hole in the ground - a very nice little hole in the ground with a low homicide rate and roads you can actually enjoy driving on!

It took the Danes a long time to get commercial TV, but at least you can watch some movies here without commercials every 15 mins or so...

I'd have to waste my money on a droid device to have Spotify music in my pocket or car. Think I'll stick to copying CDs (legal for own use in Denmark) and order all sorts of wild and wonderful things at my local library and give folks some fun.

hughm_nyksj_dk, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Any Danes Here --Opensubtitles to be blocked in Denmark

blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Any Danes Here --Opensubtitles to be blocked in Denmark

1. Any Danes Here --Opensubtitles to be blocked in Denmark - Similar Threads - Danes Here Opensubtitles

2. Any advice here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any advice here?: So about a month ago I was experiencing issues with my PC and eventually had to but a new one, so I did that and now this new W10 PC keeps on freezing up and lagging everytime I try to use it. I heard that I could reset my PC but keep my files. I have MS Paint files that I...
  3. Any advice here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any advice here?: So about a month ago I was experiencing issues with my PC and eventually had to but a new one, so I did that and now this new W10 PC keeps on freezing up and lagging everytime I try to use it. I heard that I could reset my PC but keep my files. I have MS Paint files that I...
  4. Any advice here?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Are there any malwaretips.com members here?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are there any malwaretips.com members here?: I am sorry to have to ask this here, but I don't know where else to ask. I am, or at least I was a new member at malwaretips, but 4 days ago I logged on there from my phone, and got an error message saying I was banned because of spam. I did not send any spam there or...
  6. Any GetRight user here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any GetRight user here?: Hello, Windows 10 Home v2004 x64 I am still using GetRight as Download Manager and I love it *Tongue IF Windows remove IE, Does GetRight will stop working? Thanks 163163
  7. Any ideas what's going on here?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas what's going on here?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hg0rkc/any_ideas_whats_going_on_here/
  8. When is cortana coming to Denmark

in Cortana
    When is cortana coming to Denmark: Hi are there any plans on a expansion on Cortanas languages Cortana like Danish and Norwegian, cortana has been out for a long time now and still has only a few languages to Choose from Where is Siri already has Danish and Norwegian...
  9. There be TROLLS here: my account was blocked by an ****.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There be TROLLS here: my account was blocked by an ****.: There be TROLLS here: my account was blocked by an ****. My account was blocked after posting two messages. The main responder did NOT read my posts and kept advising me to do stuff that had nothing to do with my question. And then i am informed my account is blocked....
  10. Changes at Microsoft Studios, UK and Denmark

in Windows 10 News
    Changes at Microsoft Studios, UK and Denmark: Today, I have some difficult changes to announce that affect some of our Microsoft Studios teams and projects in the UK and Denmark. After much consideration we have decided to cease development on Fable Legends, and are in discussions with employees about the proposed...