Windows 10: Any detailed logon editor for windows 10?

Discus and support Any detailed logon editor for windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One of the things keeping me from switching to Windows 10 is the lack of customization ("ricing") compared to Windows 7. I'm using ALE in Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sunnyskies, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Any detailed logon editor for windows 10?

One of the things keeping me from switching to Windows 10 is the lack of customization ("ricing") compared to Windows 7. I'm using ALE in Windows 7 right now to change the login screen. Here's an example of what you can do with it.
    Any detailed logon editor for windows 10? [​IMG]

The box is part of the background image, but the important part is changing the layout of the buttons, user image, and password box, as well as removing any extraneous buttons. Is there anything like this for Windows 10?

:)

sunnyskies, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Auto logon after restart

Hi Moonrage,

You've mentioned that you've done a registry editor tweak already but still didn't work.

Just to make sure, does this include a step where you navigate to this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch?

If yes, you may try this steps where you will edit a group policy from the
    Local Group Policy Editor
    :

• Type Local Group Policy Editor from the Search bar.
    • Go to the User Configuration > Windows Settings >
      Scripts (Logon/Logoff).
    • Double-click Logon, then click Add.
    • Set the Script Name to: C:\windows\system32\reg.exe.
    • Set the Script Parameters to: add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch /v Enabled /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f.
    • Click OK.
    • Reboot the PC.

Let me know how it works.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

Any detailed logon editor for windows 10?

Win 10 Logon

Hello,

If you are using Windows home edition we do not have an option to skip the sign-in page, However if you are using Windows 10 pro you have an option to skip the sign-in page using group policy editor.

I would like to inform you that if you are using a local account without password protection, during the boot the logon page will display the local user name all you have to do just click on the user name which directs you to the desktop page.

Refer the steps below to edit group policy editor if you are using Windows 110 pro.

• Open Run, Type secpol.msc. press enter.
    • Expand open Local Policies in the left pane, and click/tap on
      Security Options.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click/tap on
      Interactive logon: Do not display last user name
    • Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK
    • You can now close Local Security Policy

Hope this information helps in addressing the issue.

Darshan J, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Any detailed logon editor for windows 10?

1. Any detailed logon editor for windows 10? - Similar Threads - detailed logon editor

2. Windows 10 Logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Logon: I have this computer with Windows 10 which has be upgraded from Windows 7. Had it set to where it automatically logged me on at boot. As per my foul ups I have not made a backup or image file which I should have, but as they say hind sight is 20/20.The drive will boot, it...
  3. Windows 10 Logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Logon: I have this computer with Windows 10 which has be upgraded from Windows 7. Had it set to where it automatically logged me on at boot. As per my foul ups I have not made a backup or image file which I should have, but as they say hind sight is 20/20.The drive will boot, it...
  4. Windows 10 Logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal: The new Microsoft Photos App editor no longer seems to feature its very useful detail correction / object removal tool. How can I access it again? Is there a way to revert to the previous version of Microsoft Photos, for example?...
  6. Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal: The new Microsoft Photos App editor no longer seems to feature its very useful detail correction / object removal tool. How can I access it again? Is there a way to revert to the previous version of Microsoft Photos, for example?...
  7. windows 10 logon

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 logon: I have a new installation of Win 10 pro on a Dell Optiplex 3020 sff. When I originally started up, it asked me to sign into my Microsoft account and the email I used is thru Go Daddy company email. Now when I start the computer, it asks for credentials. When I enter info, I...
  8. Is There Any Way to Re-enable the Windows 10 Logon Sound?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is There Any Way to Re-enable the Windows 10 Logon Sound?: Hi, I just wanted to ask if Microsoft has permanently disabled Windows 10's logon and shutdown sounds. If not, is there any way to re-enable them? Thanks...
  9. Any detailed logon editor for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any detailed logon editor for windows 10?: One of the things keeping me from switching to Windows 10 is the lack of customization ("ricing") compared to Windows 7. I'm using ALE in Windows 7 right now to change the login screen. Here's an example of what you can do with it. [img] The box is part of the background...
  10. Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ?: Hai Im new here.. *Smile Recently I was trying to add comments to movie folders so that i can keep a brief description about it when i click on it. It was easy to add comment then i had a bit trouble to get the comment getting displayed in the details pane...after playing...