Windows 10: Any differences at all for typing between AMD & Intel ?

Discus and support Any differences at all for typing between AMD & Intel ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This will sound a very strange question, but for a long time I have had a i7 PC with Windows 10. It broke, so I replaced it with a Ryzen 1600x (the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BlizzardUK, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Any differences at all for typing between AMD & Intel ?

This will sound a very strange question, but for a long time I have had a i7 PC with Windows 10. It broke, so I replaced it with a Ryzen 1600x (the motherboard, CPU, and memory), also with Windows 10. I do a lot of typing for emails and documents. On my new computer, which uses the same keyboard, it just seems to type a bit less fluid, not as a smooth. Maybe it is my imagination. Has anyone noticed ANY differences in typing speed, smoothness, or fluidity when moving from AMD to Intel (or vice versa) ? As I tried a friends AMD and that is also the same, so my PC isn't at fault. Again, it could all be in my imagination, but just wondered.

:)

BlizzardUK, Dec 9, 2019

2. intel and amd wont work together

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Did you bought that AMD Radeon Graphics card separately or came with your PC?
    • How about disabling Intel Graphics Card and using AMD Radeon Graphics card?

I suspect the problem might be with the incompatible AMD Graphics card drivers. I mean, you can see this kind of behavior when driver malfunctions on background. Suggest you to check for latest AMD Radeon Graphics card drivers on device Manufacturer website,
    if in case it came along with your computer. If in case you bought it separately then try to search for the drivers on AMD official website. Most probably this will fix the issue.

Sometimes latest drivers still fails to work correctly due to compatibility on Windows 10. In view of the same, try installing legacy drivers (I.e. Either Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1) to see if it makes any difference.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Replace AMD Processor With Intel Processor.

I am using an laptop with AMD processor. but i wanted to change the processor only not the laptop. i wanted to add intel Core i7 processor in the place of AMD. But i have heard that AMD cannot be replaced by intel or other processors since the slots are
    seen to be different. OR is there any other processor which is equivalent to INTEL i7.

***Edited Original Title From: CAN A AMD A4 PROCESSOR BE REPLACED BY INTEL PROCESSORS***

lenovafrex238, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Any differences at all for typing between AMD & Intel ?

AMD/Intel: Switchable graphics

Hi,

So for those of you who still have an old HP laptop, I'd suggest to go look there : leshcatlabs.net/

I think someone linked it in this post a few years before, it's a packed version of the drivers (amd + intel) working

JérômeBOEGLIN, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Any differences at all for typing between AMD & Intel ?

1. Any differences at all for typing between AMD & Intel ? - Similar Threads - differences typing between

2. Is there a difference between these types of ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a difference between these types of ram?: Is there a difference between 2 GB DDR2 PC2 5300 667 MHz 1.8V SO DIMM & 1 GB PC2 5300S besides the difference in gigabytes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-difference-between-these-types-of-ram/1fa7a2d5-575f-471e-9d43-730172d6a0b6
  3. Is there a difference between these types of ram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a difference between these types of ram?: Is there a difference between 2 GB DDR2 PC2 5300 667 MHz 1.8V SO DIMM & 1 GB PC2 5300S besides the difference in gigabytes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-difference-between-these-types-of-ram/1fa7a2d5-575f-471e-9d43-730172d6a0b6
  4. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  5. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  6. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Any Difference between WD10SPZX and MZ-76P1TOBW?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any Difference between WD10SPZX and MZ-76P1TOBW?: The long story My wife has a new Laptop (Dell G3 17-3779) that lists two drives under "This Computer". The boot drive which is 100gb, and an empty drive that is 900gb. I concluded it was an SSHD that had two partitions. Instead of just shifting Particition sizes, I decided...
  8. intel to amd.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    intel to amd.: I am about to upgrade to an amd cpu. the problem is I have to reinstall windows to avoid potential driver issues. this is the same computer, so my windows home license for win10 should carry over, but if I just boot up the computer with fresh install im guessing its gonna ask...
  9. any observable difference between 1080 and 4k?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    any observable difference between 1080 and 4k?: Thinking if I should get a 4K monitor for home use. Yes, I like watching videos, but I don't know if 4k will give an observable difference from 1080 ? I understand there must be difference, but is the difference significant ? For example, I don't notice any serious...
  10. Any difference between These Upgrades of OS?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Any difference between These Upgrades of OS?: When I got the update for my Windows 10 Pro 10240 build 10240, the update were mentioned as Wondows 10 Pro 1511 build 10586. But when the updates were downloaded and installed, I looked into system information which mentioned as Windows 10 Pro 10586 build 10586. Are these...