Windows 10: Any disadvantage to upgrading with the Media Creation Tool?

Discus and support Any disadvantage to upgrading with the Media Creation Tool? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys. I am in the same boat as a lot of people in these threads and unfortunately, Windows 10 is not automatically installing. I've downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Viexi, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Viexi Win User

Any disadvantage to upgrading with the Media Creation Tool?

Hey guys. I am in the same boat as a lot of people in these threads and unfortunately, Windows 10 is not automatically installing. I've downloaded the Media Creation Tool (x64) and have my original Windows 7 Product Key, but is there any specific disadvantage to installing with the tool instead of waiting for my reserved copy?

For instance, will I forfeit my reservation for a complete, free copy of Windows 10? Will I not receive a decades worth of updates? Will I be able to get activated, etc.

Thank you so much for the help guys.

:)

Viexi, Jul 28, 2015

2. Any disadvantage to upgrading with the Media Creation Tool?

Hey guys. Windows 10 is not automatically installing. I've downloaded the Media Creation Tool (x64) and have my original Windows 7 Product Key, but is there any specific disadvantage to installing with
    the tool instead of waiting for my reserved copy?

samarasimhareddy, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Any disadvantage to upgrading with the Media Creation Tool?

Hi Samarasimha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding Windows 10 upgrade using Media Creation Tool. Let me help you resolve the issue.

• What is the status when you try to upgrade using Windows Update?

I would like to inform you that if you are facing difficulties using Windows Update for Windows 10 upgrade, you can use Media Creation Tool as an alternate option. Both methods can be used to upgrade to Windows 10 from your previous OS versions.

I suggest you to go through the below article created by Andre Da Costa
    and check if it helps.

How to: Upgrade from Previous Versions of Windows Using Windows 10 ISO file

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Jairus24 Win User

No disadvantage, it's basically the same, you are just launching the setup files in a different way, instead of getting it from Windows Update, you are getting it from the ISO. No matter what method you use, they still have the same setup files. And no, you will not forfeit the reservation since you are upgrading from an activated copy of Windows 7 and not doing a clean installation. Just remember to upgrade first and activate the Windows 10 before doing clean install, clean installation can be done after the Windows 10 activation.

Jairus24, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Any disadvantage to upgrading with the Media Creation Tool? - Similar Threads - disadvantage upgrading Media

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool: Hi.May I ask if anyone have experienced the same error message in regards to running this Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and if there's a solution to it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/eda5cd87-7be7-4191-899a-59756363cd45
  5. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  6. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  7. In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool

In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool: Hi AllI was able to successfully use In Place Upgrade Media Creation Tool choosing the option of keeping personal files and applications to upgrade to the latest version 21h1 of Windows 10 this May. However I was still having security update issue even after a freshly...
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. Media Creation Tool for Upgrades

Media Creation Tool for Upgrades: Quick question about the use of the Media creation tool. I am currently using MCT1903 on a USB to upgrade my PC to windows 10. I didn't turn the USB into a bootable device; I just put the tool on it. I am wondering if on the "Downloading Windows 10" screen of the...
  10. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to try and get Windows onto a newly purchased hard drive. I have a blank USB Flash Drive with 14 GB of free space, but I'm still receiving an error message telling me that I need to have at least 8 GB of space. I don't understand why I...