Windows 10: Any Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem or part 836 of How I Became a Registry Ninja

Discus and support Any Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem or part 836 of How I Became a Registry Ninja in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft, why are you forcing this behavior with Windows 10? ANY wired connection shuts off the cellular modem, even if the wired connection has no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave Campbell 11, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Any Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem or part 836 of How I Became a Registry Ninja

Microsoft, why are you forcing this behavior with Windows 10? ANY wired connection shuts off the cellular modem, even if the wired connection has no internet access.Your idea comes from a desire to be helpful, but you don't know better than our engineers, especially since your "feature" sacrifices a working internet connection for a wire that has none. Would one more "if" statement not have prevented this? Or perhaps a bit more robust QA process? Or how about offering a choice before you just go shutting down necessary connections?There are devices out there that need both connections act

:)

Dave Campbell 11, Jul 23, 2021
  2. tenokraat Win User
    tenokraat, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 2004 with a DW5811e Snapdragon X7 LTE WWAN card for cellular access on my laptop and whenever I connect an ethernet cable to my system (with routes), the cellular immediately turns off. If I remove any routes that use the ethernet
    connection, the cellular comes back. I am able to get to this minor functionality because I'm leveraging the registry key here:

Code:
    [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WcmSvc]

"IgnoreNonRoutableEthernet"=dword:00000001
    The problem is that I have added specific routes to that ethernet connection... it's why I'm using it, but there is no internet to be found on the ethernet network and it's not my default gateway (nor do I want it to be), which is why I need the cellular.
    Is there another registry key that ignores ALL ethernet?? I'm a network technician and I need to connect to several different networks but I ALSO need internet and the only place I'm getting the internet is from my cellular connection. Help?

To be clear, this is not an issue with network interface priority. This is a feature surrounding the cellular connectivity.

Ironpossum, Jul 23, 2021
  4. tenokraat Win User

Any Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem or part 836 of How I Became a Registry Ninja

Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem

Folks,

I came across an issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1803 with Cellular/Ethernet connections.

I have a HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE installed in my notebook.

I purchased it with the intent to work on the road and to leverage it for ICS.

When I am connected with the LTE modem and plug in a cable to my Ethernet port (Intel I219-LM) it automatically disables my Cellular connection ("Not Connected).

Any Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem or part 836 of How I Became a Registry Ninja a4327df8-fd0f-4af4-81f0-47fc83acc1b8?upload=true.png

So far I have not found a way to keep both interfaces connected at the same time, for me to configure ICS. How can I get rid of this behavior?

Any inputs are appreciated.

tenokraat, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Any Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem or part 836 of How I Became a Registry Ninja

1. Any Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem or part 836 of How I Became a Registry Ninja - Similar Threads - Ethernet Connection Disables

2. cellular connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cellular connection: HP elitebook 840 G5 windows 11 cellular mssing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-connection/ca987a9f-d1e7-4ad3-bd13-36f3b4d7f2f4
  3. Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 2004 with a DW5811e Snapdragon X7 LTE WWAN card for cellular access on my laptop and whenever I connect an ethernet cable to my system with routes, the cellular immediately turns off. If I remove any routes that use the ethernet connection, the...
  4. Roaming with a USB cellular modem

Roaming with a USB cellular modem: While trying to roam internationally with a USB cellular modem I am unable to select any network other than the home network and therefore unable to connect. The instructions say you can chooseSearch for networks, and then select another cellular network, but there is no...
  5. Sierra Wireless Cellular Modem not working

Sierra Wireless Cellular Modem not working: Recent updates have caused my cellular modem to stop functioning. All drivers are up to date. The modem functions perfectly on an older Win 8.1 machine. Have tried using the modem on three other systems that are all operating Win10 and all previously worked. All have the same...
  6. Use Machine with Cellular connection as a gateway over ethernet

Use Machine with Cellular connection as a gateway over ethernet: I have one machine (Machine A) running Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). It has a cellular connection to the internet using a Telit module. It does not have Wifi. I want other machines to be able to access the internet via the Ethernet cable using machine A. I know I am supposed to...
  7. Cellular Broadband Modem

Cellular Broadband Modem: Cellular Broadband Modem: EM7345 has been working perfectly. Since some days - perhaps after an updating - the status of modem shows "No Service". Please help me to solve this problem in Windows 10 x64. Thank you....
  8. Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem

Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem: Folks, I came across an issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1803 with Cellular/Ethernet connections. I have a HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE installed in my notebook. I purchased it with the intent to work on the road and to leverage it for ICS. When I am connected...
  9. USB modem disables Ethernet and WiFi

USB modem disables Ethernet and WiFi: Hi I have a program called Connectify Dispatch that enable multiple internet connections load balancing, which speed up downloads mostly and sometimes web browsing, my problem that is whenever I use an USB modem Ethernet and WiFi internet stops, this happened since windows 8...
  10. Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem: How to: Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem How to Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for a Modem [img] Information During periods of low data activity, Energy Efficient Ethernet (802.3az EEE) allows for less power consumption by 50% or more...