Windows 10: Any executable files that I try to download WON'T download...

Discus and support Any executable files that I try to download WON'T download... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i've tried to download several executable files from official sites (e.g. minecraft launcher), and when I try to open them from chrome, and a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iamgh0ul, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Any executable files that I try to download WON'T download...

i've tried to download several executable files from official sites (e.g. minecraft launcher), and when I try to open them from chrome, and a new chrome tab called "window dialog" is made, but is invisible. when I try to open them from my downloads folder, they are all roughly 1 and a half MB large. when I try to open them from there, my windows explorer freezes, and I have to restart it manually from task manager... help please! its only been happening today

submitted by /u/iamgh0ul
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iamgh0ul, Dec 12, 2019

2. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Any executable files that I try to download WON'T download...

Forza Horizon 4 Download won`t stop

Hi I have the same problem like a lot of people too: my forza download just won`t stop its size is 62GB and i allready downloaded 140GB.

I cant even find an option to restart the download or something. How do I fix this?

I tried things like troubleshooter, wsreset, sign out sign in and a lot more, nothing helped.

Redeemer22, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Any executable files that I try to download WON'T download...

1. Any executable files that I try to download WON'T download... - Similar Threads - executable files try

2. Power Toys Download from Store -- Won't Execute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Toys Download from Store -- Won't Execute: Just downloaded Power Toys from the Microsoft Store, pinned shortcut to the Taskbar, and when clicking, get this notification:What went wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-toys-download-from-store-wont-execute/1282bd01-013d-42e5-95c5-be9706b659d4
  3. Power Toys Download from Store -- Won't Execute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Toys Download from Store -- Won't Execute: Just downloaded Power Toys from the Microsoft Store, pinned shortcut to the Taskbar, and when clicking, get this notification:What went wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-toys-download-from-store-wont-execute/1282bd01-013d-42e5-95c5-be9706b659d4
  4. Unable to download an executable file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download an executable file.: I am trying to download Turbotax2021. This a executable file which needs SetUp.exe access. However Windows 10 that I presently have does not allow downloading an Executable file. WHAT SHOULD I DO.?...
  5. Unable to download an executable file.

Unable to download an executable file.: I am trying to download Turbotax2021. This a executable file which needs SetUp.exe access. However Windows 10 that I presently have does not allow downloading an Executable file. WHAT SHOULD I DO.?...
  6. Unable to download an executable file.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Minecraft won't download execution policy denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft won't download execution policy denied: I was trying to download Minecraft and got an error, specifically error code 0x803F8001. I don't know why this is looked it up and found that my execution policy was denied, I tried to set it to unrestricted and got an error saying that my execution policy was denied....
  8. Minecraft won't download execution policy denied

Minecraft won't download execution policy denied: I was trying to download Minecraft and got an error, specifically error code 0x803F8001. I don't know why this is looked it up and found that my execution policy was denied, I tried to set it to unrestricted and got an error saying that my execution policy was denied....
  9. Cannot Download Any Microsoft Office File I download.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Download Any Microsoft Office File I download.: I have been having this isssue for months. I can no longer open any Microsoft Office file such as word or excel, really only power point works, that I download. I can create files on word and excel normally but any time I attempt to download and open a file I will get an...
  10. Executables won't open after download, freezes explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Executables won't open after download, freezes explorer.exe: This has been happening to me a lot these past few days. Whenever I download something and execute it, it won't open at all. And even if I try to execute it through the file explorer, explorer.exe freezes and I have to terminate and restart the process. The only way I can...