Windows 10: any external disk including SD card is not opening on my system, error says permission...

Discus and support any external disk including SD card is not opening on my system, error says permission... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; External disk such as pen drivers, SD card etc won't open. 'F:/' error message pops up saying permission denied to access, make changes from security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shashankpathak2, Jul 24, 2019.

1. any external disk including SD card is not opening on my system, error says permission...

External disk such as pen drivers, SD card etc won't open. 'F:/' error message pops up saying permission denied to access, make changes from security tab to gain access.

kindly help with this issue.

thanks

:)

Shashankpathak2, Jul 24, 2019

2. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Joe Men Win User
    Phone is not reading the SD card.

Hello,
    Jeevan

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you Lumia 640 XL LTE is having issues reading your SD memory card.

There is a possibility that the SD memory card corrupted. Please try to perform a Scan Disk maintenance on it by following the steps below:

• Turn off your phone and remove the SD card. Use a SD card reader and plug it in to your computer.
    • Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Computer.
    • Right-click the SD card drive that you want to check, and then click "Properties".
    • Click the "Tools" tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now.
    • Put a check mark on the "Automatically fix the file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".
    • Click Start.
      • Wait for the Scan Disk process to complete, then mount your SD memory card back to your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Jul 24, 2019
  4. any external disk including SD card is not opening on my system, error says permission...

When I put an SD card in my laptop, it says class not registered. It use to work.

Hi Kristi,

To isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Did the error occur when you try to open a file in the SD card or it occurs just by plugging the SD in your PC?
    • Have you tried using another SD card and see if you will get the same error?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the mean time, we suggest you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type sfc /scannow in Command Prompt.
    • Hit Enter.
    System File Checker (SFC) will scan your PC for any file corruption and repair them.

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

any external disk including SD card is not opening on my system, error says permission...

1. any external disk including SD card is not opening on my system, error says permission... - Similar Threads - external disk including

2. Error 38, on SD card reader and external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 38, on SD card reader and external HDD: Hello there, For the last few weeks i have been trying to get my head round Error code 38 in my device manager. Currently runing Win 10 22H2. All my devices, usb ports etc were working fine. I go to plug in a usb stick and i didnt show up in 'my computer' so went through...
  3. Error 38, on SD card reader and external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 38, on SD card reader and external HDD: Hello there, For the last few weeks i have been trying to get my head round Error code 38 in my device manager. Currently runing Win 10 22H2. All my devices, usb ports etc were working fine. I go to plug in a usb stick and i didnt show up in 'my computer' so went through...
  4. Error 38, on SD card reader and external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Error: The disk is write protected, while accessing SD card

Error: The disk is write protected, while accessing SD card: Hello,I am getting an error when trying to modify any files on my SD card saying that the Disk Is Write Protected.I have followed the advice in the...
  6. Error: The disk is write protected, while accessing SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: The disk is write protected, while accessing SD card: Hello,I am getting an error when trying to modify any files on my SD card saying that the Disk Is Write Protected.I have followed the advice in the...
  7. Permission denied on external drive (SD card)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission denied on external drive (SD card): States permission denied and that to fix go to properties and look for the security tab. There is no security tab in the properties! I have no clue what to do next! This card worked before!...
  8. Can't open external hard drive, SD-card

Can't open external hard drive, SD-card: Hi I try to connect external harddrive or sd-card, but I get an error message: If I try to press "fortsett"(continue) it tells me that I have no Access. I do not find the place to change Access rigts....
  9. my sd card

my sd card: lately my sd card has been acting up, as in it does not let me have read and write permissions, every time i unplug it it reverts back to what it was before i tried to delete something, and when i created a new folder this wierd stuff showed up in it, im guessing it is a...
  10. How to make a system recovery disk on a SD-card

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make a system recovery disk on a SD-card: Hi! I am using a small tablet with Windows on it. It already has little space (32GB which is actually 29 GB), with Windows eating up a ton of space. Now, with a virtual partition on the tablet reserved for system recovery, I have less than 5 GB left, not enough for Windows...