Windows 10: Any file explorer slows down my internet connection

Discus and support Any file explorer slows down my internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the problem written in the title. I can't explain really what's happening with it but I have tried Total Commander and the default File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ForrayBence, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Any file explorer slows down my internet connection

I have the problem written in the title. I can't explain really what's happening with it but I have tried Total Commander and the default File Explorer but both of them when they load up and even when they are opened slow down my internet connection horribly. This really frustrates me and I have just reinstalled windows before this problem like 2-3 weeks before it started happening.

Thank you for your patience and for your help in advance.

:)

ForrayBence, Nov 27, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Any file explorer slows down my internet connection wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Internet Explorer is slow, crashing, freezing

Hi Albert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature
    might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3: I would suggest you to run
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Any file explorer slows down my internet connection

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Any file explorer slows down my internet connection

1. Any file explorer slows down my internet connection - Similar Threads - file explorer slows

2. One Drive Slowing down File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Slowing down File explorer: Why is One drive such a issue its constantly slowing down file explorer and making files inaccessible until i restart the Pc or File explorer, im talking bad too. it too me a few weeks to figure out what it was because the process was so far down task manager how do i fix...
  3. wireless connection slows down internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless connection slows down internet connection: When the laptop is connected to our internal network, our speeds drop to almost zero. The wireless driver appears to be up to date and working properly. Any solution?...
  4. Internet slows down

Internet slows down: This started happening about 2 weeks ago, I would get on my hp slim desktop and whenever we would use it the whole internet in my home would go really slow.I’ve reset my computer completely and unplugged the Ethernet cord to try and use the wifi but it still did the same...
  5. Internet connection slows down once i connect to MIFI.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection slows down once i connect to MIFI.: It happens only when i connect to my mifi, I haven't tested it with other type of tethered connection but the internet speed is just like the usual on my phone and my ipad. It has 1 Mbps. but once i try to connect to mifi in my computer, the connection is really slow, less...
  6. Explorer slows down DRAMATICALLY when interacting with .ogg files in any way.

Explorer slows down DRAMATICALLY when interacting with .ogg files in any way.: Whenever I try to view .ogg files in explorer it slows to the point of almost being frozen, it doesn't ever crash, or even register as "not responding", but goes into an extreme slowdown, taking about 5 for each .ogg file in the current directory before becoming interactable...
  7. My internet speed slowed down.

My internet speed slowed down.: So I've always had a healthy 100 mbps internet speed on my PC. This all changed when I reinstalled windows 10 and did a speed test for fun. I was not expecting a sudden bump to a beefy 500 mbps. So that's how my internet was for a while, at a beefy 500 mbps, until today... My...
  8. File Explorer Slows When Connected to the Internet

File Explorer Slows When Connected to the Internet: So this is an odd problem which I have not been able to find any solutions to so far. When I use my laptop at work, I am able to connect to the internet and do things like play music through Youtube, while also using the file explorer to navigate to the folders I need to...
  9. Slow Internet Explorer is slow

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Internet Explorer is slow: My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK 148368
  10. Slowed down internet

Slowed down internet: I have a problem related to internet and network settings in Windows 10. The problem what I am currently experiencing is that the internet speed is slowed down significantly to 3% of the contracted speed. Normally I get 100Mbps from speedtest, but everytime I experiencing...